Re: Silicon Valley, home of the SLOWEST 4G LTE Verizon data speeds
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

@Arnett_VZW - Sure, I'd be happy to PM you with more details and a NRB#, but I am unable to find a method on this site to reply to you with a PM.

Status update: It's been 5 business days since reporting this outage and nothing has been fixed. 

No follow up call from customer service that was promised within 72 hours... 

Again, I wouldn't be able to stay in business if I ran it this way...

Had lunch near the AMC Mercado near Mission College in Santa Clara, CA with coworkers.  We repeated the same test using speedtest.net and found that area has the same horrible 4G speeds, even though we had 3-4 bars of signal strenght on our various phone models. I don't have the spare time to spend reporting this location too.

[sigh...]

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The username for the rep is and you would send them a follow request through their profile page on this community. They will have to accept that request and send a similar one back to you. Once you have accepted their follow request, you can send the rep a Direct Message with the private information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

@Ann154 - Thank you!

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

No signal (0 bars on 3G, no 4G) at the small Pearl Branch Library in San Jose.  My phone gets crazy hot while trying to keep in contact with the cell tower. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Its because the signal is Weak and the phone is basically over driving itself to stay connected to the Tower.. Is there any Free Wi-Fi in the Area or the Library that you can use that would help your phone from getting so Hot.. If there is you might try that  

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

@B33 - You're absolutely correct.  In this posting however, I was continuing to describe further coverage holes in Silicon Valley which is purported to be blanketed in 4G coverage according to Verizon.  Reporting these outage issues via Verizon phone support involves a 45 minute minimum phone call, hence my doing so publically here.

B33
Legend

Well just trying to HelpSmiley Happy b

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

And you were helpful, thank you.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome

c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

Its been eight business days since this issue was reported and there has been NO response from Verizon.  I was promised a response by a CSR within 3 business days.

I will be happy to provide my NBR number to a Verizon rep here.

What does a customer have to do here to get service?  Initiate contract termination due to Verizon's inability to provide paid for service?