Re: Signal turned bad
StevenR22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lightening storms in area (small rural community) and then signal turned, not bad but, seriously bad.  We evidently are not a large enough area to matter to Verizon.  Perhaps AT&T will care, because if this situation is not taken care of, I am done with Verizon!!!!!  They can't even be honest with us as to the REAL reason our phones are dropping calls like crazy and conversations are unintelligible.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StevenR22,

I'm so sorry to hear about the service issues you've been experiencing in your area. This isn't the experience we want you to have with us and I want to do all that I can to resolve these issues for you. I'm confident that we'll get to the bottom of this, and restore your faith in us. Can you tell me when this first started? What's your zip code and the nearest intersection, so I can investigate the area? Can you tell me if any other users are having the same issues with dropping calls?

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
Schronce
Enthusiast - Level 1

I lose calls constantly .The majority of kings mountain does not have signal. I can sit in one spot and watch it go from 4g to nothing .When I've called, I was told turn phone off and back on, buy an. extender, that they see no issues in my area. Which if they want to know facts just come drive around shelby amd kings mountain and they will see how many times calls are dropped and how horrible the service is. I pay 320 a month and have horrible service. Be in denial if need be but there is a huge problem with Verizon now .

0 Likes
StevenR22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem began around 1st week of May and everyone on Verizon that I have talked to has been having the same problem.  Lots of lightening in area around time it started is why many believe it is a tower thing.  Have been told by support that signal strength in my area is less than optimal.  Well duh!!!!  But what happened to cause that after 15 years of no problems?  And why does it continue?  I have almost completely stopped using my phone!  Area code 79512, S of I-20, N of 163, E of 2836 and W of 1229.  Tower in that area too!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Schronce,

I'm sorry to hear that you're dropping calls in your area. I'm not a fan of dropping calls either and I'm here to help fix this. Let's gather some more information, so I can better assist you. Can you tell me when this first started? What is your city name and can you provide me with the nearest intersection, so I can investigate the area?

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
iamtamnur
Enthusiast - Level 1

Blah, blah, blah...the same canned responses from CS in almost every response with, of course, no real solutions to any of our problems. I got the same phrases last night in chat while reporting this same issue. It's comforting to see that this appears to be a new problem for Verizon, right? Except it's NOT! This thread is over a year old with NO SOLUTIONS offered by Verizon. The only solution I was offered last night was to get a loaner booster from Verizon to use my Windstream internet to make and receive cell phone calls in and around my own home. Hmm. So then why should I pay all those big bucks to Verizon when it would actually be Windstream's more reliable internet service that allows for "satisfactory" service. Yeah, no, I'm not accepting VZW's garbage "solution" to what appears to be an ongoing, widespread problem ON THEIR END that affects different types of devices so it can't all be bad phone updates, new buildings, my neighbors installing some booster, remodeling in the home, etc.(insert more blah, blah, blah here). Get with the program, VZW, or I'll take my service and go elsewhere where I will at least pay less for sub-par coverage. From the other comments, it sounds like I'm not alone and we all know that the FCC will be no help for us as they are too closely aligned with big business at the expense of the every day American.

Tammy, a VZW customer in GA

And, canned response in three, two, one...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be saddened to see you venture elsewhere, iamtamnur. I know the importance on having reliable service everywhere you go, especially in the comfort of your own home. What specific service issues are you experiencing? On a typical day, what does your phone display in terms of a signal(4G/LTE, 3G, 1X)? What is the city, and nearest intersection where you are impacted the most?   JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes
alliemcbell

Los Angeles is a huge marketplace, and I usually don't have any issues with Verizon coverage. But over the last year and a half it's been pretty bad - even after buying a new iPhone that had tons of storage and turning on HD Calling.

One of the most annoying blackouts/dropped calls for those working in the studio/entertainment industry is the large dead zone near Sony / Culver City school area (90230) that covers several blocks - from Slauson Ave all the way to Venice Blvd/Palms Blvd and spans Sepulveda Blvd to Downtown Culver City.

This large of a dead zone is ridiculous for the company that "never stops working for you." ... Are there any plans to get a cell tower out there, or was there one that is being replaced any time soon to improve coverage?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alliemcbell, I would like to congratulate you on your new phone, and I know how challenging it can be to experience issues with service in Los Angeles for over a year and a half, even after enabling HD Calling. Help is here. I was not able to locate any alerts for your area. How is your calling experience in the area you confirmed? Do you receive any error messages? Do other Verizon users in the area have a similar experience?

Regrettably, we are unable to confirm if any towers will be added to your area, as this is considered proprietary information. The good news is that you may complete the following form to have your area evaluated for cell site construction: https://www.verizonwireless.com/biz/real-estate-inquiries/ I know that I have shared a lot of information, please let us know if this helps.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
csout01

Same issue. Verizon signal is terrible in 43220 and 43221. Consistently lose ability to hear caller at corner of NW Broadway and Kenny Rd, corner of McCoy Rd and Kenny Rd and dropped call every time on Chadbourne Rd. iPhoneX. iOS 12.3.1.  Starting to wonder if we need to move off of Verizon the signal is so bad in UA. 

0 Likes