Signal strength has declined in recent weeks
rjenkinsjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over the last 4-5 weeks the signal strength for our phones has declined.  We have phones from LG, Samsung, and Apple and all are getting poor LTE signal and frequently now switches to 3G which also has poor signal.

Checking things right now on my S6, the LTE signal strength is -115 with SNR of 138.  There is little difference inside my home versus outside.  The zip code for the area is 28348.  While I do not have signal strength readings prior when the coverage was better, the signal strength indicator on the phone was always at the 50% range (3 bars) while now it frequently indicates 1 bar or less.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal strength has declined in recent weeks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would like to address your concerns about your signal strength. There can be various causes for changes in the signal. Has there been any mate weather where you are?

DeannaL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @Support

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rjenkinsjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure what you mean by "mate weather"?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rjenkinsjr! Sorry for any possible confusion. To clarify, has there been any new changes in the weather i your area, such as storms, foliage, new buildings, etc..? Share details. Thanks in advance.

KristieQQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rjenkinsjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, there has been no unusual weather in the area.  Also no large scale construction, just some residential home construction.  Also, since it is winter the foliage should not be an issue.  I know of nothing new in the area that could obstruct the signal.  Checking with some neighbors that also use Verizon has found that they have been experiencing the same problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rjenkinsjr,

We want you to be able to get the best service possible in your home area, so we appreciate the information you’ve provided thus far. To get on top of things, I’ve sent you a Private Message to gather some additional details. Please check your inbox and respond there.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes