Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,212 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Signal strength had been degrading for some time
URI91LXA

I like in Seekonk, MA (zip 02771) and we have noticed a significant degradation in the signal strength for 6-10 month.  My wife and I work from home and this has been a big issue.  I am not the only one in my area to have this problem and was a very in-depth discussion on our town FB page. it actually is very infrequent to have full 4-5 bars of signal.  What is going on? Very annoying when I am paying almost $300 a month for family coverage.  if I am going to get poor service I might as well go to a carrier that is cheaper.  I stayed with Verizon because of the coverage but now I am not sure I can make that argument.

Pat

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal strength had been degrading for some time
CAIDKIN

I have had the same issue!  I live in area code 14424.  It's terrible.  I can't even have a conversation with anyone.  I bought my kids phones through straight talk and their service is considerably better.  I'm thinking of switching.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

URI91LXA, I am sorry that you have been having issues with the signal in your area. It would be sad to see you leave. I understand the importance of making sure your phone is working fine. I want to get to the bottom of this once and for all. Is this issue occurring outdoors or indoors? What services on your phone is being affected?

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that you are having issues with phone conversations, CAIDKIN. No network alerts are noted for your ZIP code. You are a valued customer and we do not want you to move from our Verizon Wireless family. Let’s get more information and explore ways to improve your wireless service experience.

When did this issue start?

Do you experience calling issues in specific places (home, office, school), or specific times?

What is your phone model?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-tool/

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TLWalsh

I have the same issue in SC, zip 29205. I called Verizon and was instructed to change my phone to do WiFi calls.  Today I got a message saying they acknowledge there’s an issue in my area (even though I’m only like 1 mile from a cell tower) and wifi calling is the only option for solution.  And despite the weak signal issue, and the fact that I’m in a  neighborhood with LOTS of Verizon customers, all who have the same issue - they aren’t going to do anything about it.  Even though its an issue for 50+ customers In the same neighborhood. Now -  WiFi calling works, BUT I have to turn airplane mode on every time I come home and off every time I leave home. AND that means that I’m paying verizon for service that I can‘t use Bc it doesn’t work.  I get a better signal on the country roads of SC.  All this does not sit well with me. I’ve been with Verizon for YEARS.  Maybe it’s time I take my business elsewhere. 

0 Likes
ffleonard50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in NH in the Rochester, Dover, Portsmouth area and use my phone for work all day...service has been very spotty in areas it never used to be...I'm thinking of switching my 4 lines too!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ffleonard50, 

Ensuring that your service connection is running at it's best is always a priority. We'd hate to see you leave our Verizon family over something like this. Let's go ahead and take a closer look into this together. To begin, can you please specify any troubleshooting steps that you have preformed? Are you showing issues with only your talk, text and/or data services?

JoseLD_VZW

0 Likes