Signal problems in Zip 38562
mrgossett
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently posted a question about signal/service problems that Verizon customers are having in Zip 38562, in and around Gainesboro, TN. I included a copy of some Facebook posts from customers with this issue. That post was deleted by the moderators here, so I'll try again without the Facebook comments. A lot of customers in this area are having these issues, with weak signal or no service. This all started a few months ago. Up until that time, Verizon service was consistently very good in our area. People are hearing/being told that Verizon has lost or given up its contract on a tower in our area, and that is the reason for the problem. I live 0.3 miles from the Verizon tower (or what used to be), and my signal strength will randomly go from 4 bars to 1. Up until a few months ago, it was consistently 4-5 bars, on different devices, so something has definitely degraded the Verizon service. Many Verizon customers in our area are switching to US Cellular, and I'm considering the same move if Verizon can't or won't make an effort to restore the previously good service and coverage that we had here. I hope that I will get a response this time from customer service, unless this is something you don't want to deal with, and it gets deleted again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal problems in Zip 38562
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cell phones have quickly gone from a luxury to a necessity, mrgossett. It's imperative that they remain connected. I'm saddened to hear that service in your area has become so inconsistent. You have the right team here to help. We appreciate the details you've already provided, and have a few more questions we'd like to ask. What happens with calls and texts in your area? How far do you need to be from your home address in order to experience a better signal? Does the time of day make any difference on your signal strength?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
allenclan1

I'm starting to see a recurring theme.  This is also happening in my town.  I'm unable conduct a business call, without standing on my front porch.  This started two or three months ago.  It's worked great for twenty years.  However, the problem has reached a point that I am going to be forced to switch carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would not be the same without you, Allenclan1. Could you please provide us with the ZIP Code that you're having these issues in? Have you completed any troubleshooting steps to try to improve the service?

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes