Signal loss
KCTYPES4U

Advice, please.

We have had Verizon wireless for 25 years, no problems.  We do live in a rural area, and only have satellite internet.

Last year we were talked into converting both our home and business landline into wireless boxes.  shortly after, we noticed a decline in service where calls got dropped, text messages would not go thru.

I complained to Verizon, and they said "we will send an engineer to investigate." I heard nothing.  In desperation due to needing phones to operate for my business, I went to a Verizon retailer.  They explained that 3g towers were being dismantled and replaced with 4g.  His solution was to sell me a signal "booster" for $250.  The problem is this box uses our internet, and since we are limited per month for that eventually we are reduced to dial up speed.

So I've had it.  I did some research and have discovered "signal repeaters" which can be mounted on the roof.  This soynds like it would be the answer.  Even tho I'm a female, I'm desperate enough to install this myself.  Verizon obviously could care less, so I'm on my own.  My business needs both the phone and internet to grow.

Any advice on equipment I can purchase for under $100 that I can install myself, please respond.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Signal loss
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might, but you should do a site survey to determine what kind of booster or repeater you might need.

3Gstore.com, 3G/4G Routers, Antennas, Boosters, WiFi, IP Switches

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KCTYPES4U, having service is absolutely something that we want for you. Knowing that you are running a business certainly makes that coverage crucial. Since adding the network extender, are you experiencing issues with calls or messages? You mentioned that data limit, which plan do you currently have?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KCTYPES4U

Yes, still having problems with reception but calls made or received are

badly distorted and dropped easily.

The data restriction is with our satellite internet, which follows FAP.

I truly am disappointed all the way around. I updated the landline boxes,

and now it's worse.

On May 31, 2017 11:48 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KCTPES4U, we truly do not want to leave you struggling for that connection. You mentioned landline boxes, are you connecting to a wired line coming into the home or are these wireless lines? How far from this location do you need to be before you see improvement in that signal?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KCTYPES4U

Hello Loren.

We added the Verizon 4g network extender at a cost of $250 last spring.  This was to help with the two Verizon wireless lines we currently have [Removed] and  [Removed], as well as all the cellular devices we use at this location (our home).  While this did help with texting and gaining access to the internet, the extender had to be hooked into our existing internet which is via Dish Satelite.  Due to FAP, we are limited to a certain amount of MG per month, and the extender uses quite a bit.  So on top of no phone, toward the end of the month we have little to no internet.

Recently we visited a Verizon store, the saleslady said our Verizon home wireless boxes were outdated, and the new ones would improve making and receiving telephone calls.  Sadly, now the calls are HORRIBLE.  If the person on the other end can hear us, it's garbled and choppy or nothing at all.  So now we have ZERO phone service.

In researching and troubleshooting that issue, I discover that the Verizon network extender that we paid for last year is NOT MEANT FOR SATELLITE INTERNET USE AT ALL!  So i have ripped it from the system and about ready to throw it out the window I'm so upset.

So I am back to square one.  We can make and receive calls when moving away from the house toward the road, but not inside the building.  Please respond to my original question:  Would a signal repeater solve our problems?  I am quite desperate.  Right now we are running the business by forwarding office calls to my partner in another city, where she receives calls no problem.

I believe my only options if signal repeater would not work would be to re-connect the home and business line to landline, and switch internet carriers to another provider that works in this location.  After being a loyal customer for over 26 years, this would be hard for me to do but given the circumstances I must do something.

PLEASE ADVISE!!!

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KCTYPES4U, I want to find the best resolution for you. Please respond to the DM that I have sent you.

Mahriza_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might, but you should do a site survey to determine what kind of booster or repeater you might need.

3Gstore.com, 3G/4G Routers, Antennas, Boosters, WiFi, IP Switches

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes