Signal drop and I'm told it's because of my plan
winkelkl

Switched to Verizon from AT&T because of bad service, and what am I experiencing now?????

Started a service ticket back on May 16, and asked about the status today June 6. I get two different stories, the first said that the team had "checked" the tower and found nothing wrong. (I have a video showing my drive into work and shows the signal drop from full to 1 bar no more than 1.5 miles from a tower with no obstructions between me and the tower.) The second story I received in the same chat session was that it's because my plan allows for them to prioritize other data and signal strength over anyone elses. 

It's strange to get two different stories from the same rep, especially when I have proof showing the signal drop in such a short distance from a tower, and it only seems to drop signal on the North side of HWY 225 nowhere else. So how is it my because of my plan......except that they want me to pay more money.....

0 Likes
Re: Signal drop and I'm told it's because of my plan
winkelkl

Ok, back and forth with Verizon through the Private message feature...blah blah.

"Our network team has determined this area [removed] is a good coverage location. What we can do is proceed with troubleshooting steps in an attempt to provide you with a better experience. Provide us with specific details about your experience on the VZW network."

If the "Team" has determined the area has good service then what is their idea of "good." Yes, after they fixed whatever was wrong and all the while telling me that it was because of my plan. I still only have 1x and maybe 3G but that's it.....

Content modified per Verizon WIreless Community Terms of Service

0 Likes
winkelkl

Sitting in our parking lot, I can clearly see the tower. But this is what I get for signal. That’s right at 1.5 miles.Their tower is marked with the red xTheir tower is marked with the red x

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your service especially after all this time that you have been reaching out to us. We know the importance of getting this corrected, and we will be glad to help! To confirm, have you noticed if there is any difference with your service when you are outside compared to while inside of a building? Also, does your device have any physical or liquid damage? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

[removed] But you need to specify your plan

Content modified per Verizon WIreless Community Terms of Service

0 Likes