Shutdown changes date & time
paulou

When I shutdown or restart my phone, the date changes to November 1, 2018; time to 10:30pm. Anyone else?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Shutdown changes date & time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

paulou, we rely on our phones heavily for the date and time, so we are here to work toward a resolution on these issues. We would like to start by gathering more information. How are you able to correct the date and time when this happens? What is the make and model of your phone? Have you noticed this problem happening in a particular location?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
paulou

My phone is a galaxy s7.  We live close to a timeline,  so I keep my phone locked in eastern time zone. It first happened when in Columbia,  SC.  I reset to correct date & time,  and did not shut down my phone until I returned home,  in the Florida panhandle. It now does it every morning when I shut down & restart my phone. I correct it by turning on the "automatic time etc".  When date  & time corrects,  I turn that setting off, then pick "eastern" time zone.  See attached setting.

Thanks for your response.

Lou [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

paulou, Got it. Are you the only one experiencing this problem? What's the device current software (settings, about phone, software version)?

Trinette_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
paulou

I took a system update 2 days ago that seems to have corrected the issue.

Here are screen shots of my phone info.

Thanks. Lou

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't attach screenshots with an e-mail reply.

0 Likes