Should i sue?
11bravo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

So were to start I went to a Verizon store were I purchased a note10+5g, galxy watch and, a tablet. I love the phone and the watch the tab A horrid I turned it on and everything kept crashing and it was turning off on it's own for no reason. I called the store to tell them I want to return for another tab a that was not broken they told me that it would be a 50 restocking fee upset i told them NO! Verizon you dont sell broken dirt and than tell your customers they have to pay you to take it back. But that's not to bad I guess when I went back to the store I brought the tab a back and told them that I want it replaced and that I was not going to pay a 50 restock fee for a tab a that was broken that is when they took it back and I got the galaxy se tab which is great but they did not fix my bill they left the broken tablet on my account charging me for the dam thing activation fees and all which I was promised would be waived to begin with. They manger than told me that I can get a bogo on the note 10 so I did that and added a line to my account which I was told I only had to pay the taxes but that there would not be an activation fee or any other fees that it would be free and that I could get another watch so I did wich was supposed to be discounted 50 bucks off wich it was not I was also told my bill would be around 200 a month being in the military gave me a discount and that my next bill would be about 500 bucks for device taxes so after spending about a thousand cash! At the Verizon that day I checked my bill and found my monthly bill is 330 and my next bill was going to be 1,000!! Dollars so after waiting for a few hours for Verizon dirtty customer service to answer (customer service agent was great in helping me) I found out I was lied to about so many things while in the store about my bill my plan the cost! Why do you feel this is ok Verizon I have been talking to a friend of mine who works in jag about the situation she told me that if it's not fixed to take it to court. I dont want to go threw a long process over a phone because I have alot of things better to do with my time but I am NOT! going to pay for all these extra fees i did not agree to verbally told me one thing and doing another is a breach of contract we as customers are required to adhere to your contract and it's like you guys have no care in the world for anyone just money. Ps if you truly support us who serve in the military than you would not use our military service as a way to lie to us an manipulate us in to spending more than agreed to.

0 Likes
Re: Should i sue?
11bravo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon how are you going to fix this situation I have not breached our contract why would you?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The restocking fee has been a standard part of the Return Policy for a while now. Perhaps you should read it. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/return-policy/

Activation fees and upgrade fees are rarely waived and usually only online. You also need to have the waiver in writing for it to be enforced. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer on a budget and I sincerely understand your cost concerns, 11bravo1. I apologize for any confusion with the charges on your bill and the return/exchange process of a device. Allow me to clarify some information for you.

I understand that your original tablet was not working correctly and you decided to have it exchanged for one of a different model, and a restocking fee is applicable to any return/exchange. Please confirm this information at this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/return-policy/). When a device is not working properly we are always happy to troubleshoot and get the issue resolved, and exchanging the device is not necessary. Did you contact us (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/) to troubleshooting your tablet?

You mention that the activation fee for your returned tablet was left on your bill, please be assured that an activation fee is refundable if the device is returned within 3 days from activation. Did you return your device within 3 days?

You indicate that you were promised that activation fees would be waived. We can review your account and if we locate the notes from the store representative offering to waive activations fees, we will credit those fees.

Your satisfaction and billing accuracy are paramount to us. We will explain your bill and the accuracy of all charges when we have access to your account. We have sent you a direct message to be able to verify the account and assist you further, please reply to that message at your earliest convenience.

As a member of a military family and on a personal note, I would like to thank you for your service to our country and the sacrifices that you and your family have made in order to keep us safe and secure.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Zia1

Everyone has every right to sue. Verizon messed up up my bill really bad and put me in a horrible financial situation after lying multiple times about their errors. Talk to a lawyer even when they resort to fine print. You'll win in arbitration. Get a lawyer!

0 Likes
Zia1

Did you LISTEN to his complaint?? What a bully-ish answer you should be ashamed. No where in your response did you address the problems Verizon made. Terrible customer service 

0 Likes