Should have NEVER started Verizon service! They are a SCAM!
AsIWept

I recently started new service with Verizon on August 2,2015. I ported over a total of 4 iphone 6's with the promise of credits for porting credits and trade in credits to be applied to my Verizon bill in 2-3 billing cycles.just so people know I left Sprint with UNLIMITED data to Verizon to be limited on my data. I would not had switched if there was no incentive in for me to switch!!! From the very beginning talking to customer service has been a joke. I have mentioned the porting and trade in credits to EVERY customer service rep and not one said I did not qualify for the promotion of $100 per ported line and since we only traded over 2 phones we would only receive the trade in for the 2 phones. We did all of our transactions at a Best Buy Mobile store and they even confirmed the credits to our accounts.

Now here is where the problems start. I was in the middle of changing internet providers and called about increasing my data for the month because we only had 10g and 2 teenagers.  So I anticipated going over and wanted to avoid it.  I was told by the rep that if I increased my data I would not be able to have the original price when I switched back (it was a total of less then 2 weeks). So he offered me a $25 credit and said I would be okay.  He was wrong!  I tried to avoid an overage and tried to handle it before it even happened. We went way over the $25 credit (again 2 teenagers and I had no idea how much data social media takes up on these phones). While I was on the phone with this rep, I believe it was October 22 I asked about the credits and was ASSURED that he could see that they were being processed and had the nerve to tell me how many months I wouldn't have to pay my bill because of the size of the credits! Second lie I was told that day.  The first was that if I increased my data and changed back within 30 days the price would switch back to the original price for 10g. This I confirmed with all reps since and even a trip to a corporate store rep confirmed it. So the lies began!

After my 3rd billing cycle I still didn't see any credits and started calling again. The first reps weren't too concerned about the credits and told me to be patient they would be processed.  All reps knew that the phones were purchased at Best Buy and since I am a talker pretty much knew everything about me and my experience.  I even completed surveys singing their praises!

About 3 weeks ago I became very concerned because I was past my 4th billing cycle so begins my nightmare. I spoke to a Reginald on a Monday and he couldn't see why my credit hadn't gone through and even tried to contact the Best Buy I bought the phones at to confirm they were traded in.  He couldn't get through.  Since the Best Buy is an hour away I told him I couldn't make it to the store until Saturday.  He PROMISED me he would call me at 10:30 Saturday am while I was at Best Buy to confirm I had traded in the phones.  I was at the Best Buy store when they opened at 10:00 and waited like an idiot for him to call.  I had them print out the proof that we traded in 2 Iphone 6's and the amount we were supposed to be credited. I never received a call back from Reginald.  On my original call to him on Monday he confirmed the promotions that were going on when we switched and confirmed that they ended August 15th and we purchased August 2nd.  He promised me he would summit the forms for the porting credits and "said" he talked to his supervisor and I would receive a $400 credit within 24-48 hours.  Then after I went to Best buy we could address the trade in credits.

Since he never called me while I was at Best Buy I called Verizon when I got home. I spoke with an Olivia and explained AGAIN what was going on.  Only to find out that Reinald NEVER opened a case NEVER submitted anything in regards to credits on my account.  She said she has no idea why he asked me to go to Best Buy. Again this rep NEVER disputed the $400 porting credits or the trade in credits on my account knowing that I went to a Best Buy.  To give her credit she did credit me 75% of my overage amount because she saw the notes that I tried to handle it before it happened. She then said that since her supervisor could only credit $200 she would have her supervisor give the forms to their supervisor for the porting credits of $400 and I should see them in 24-48 hours.  As for the trade in amount she said that I would have to take that into a Verizon corporate store for them to do those credits.

SO Monday I went to Verizon store sick as a dog and spoke with an Anthony.  He could see the notes on the account but said he didn't know why I was told to come to a store since he could not do the credits for a trade in there.  He offered to copy the proof of the trade ins and document my account the amount and that he had copies at his store.  Since I was at this point still waiting for the $400 credits I told him I would call Wednesday and address the trade in issue. Still at this point NOT ONE REP TOLD ME I DID NOT QUALIFY FOR THESE CREDITS!!!

So Wednesday rolls around and I call AGAIN! I spoke to Alexander and explained AGAIN what was going on.  He then proceeds to tell me that because I bought the phones at Best Buy I did not qualify for any porting credits OR trade in credits.  It was clearly stated at the Best Buy store about the porting credits and switching carriers when we went August 2nd. After 4 months of Verizon reps telling me and NOT disputing any of these credits all of a sudden because I purchased them at Best Buy I didn't qualify????? Why was I not told this before? Why would I waste 4 hours of my Saturday during the holiday season to drive an hour there and back to Best Buy? At this point I ask for a supervisor and after being on hold Alexander came back on and offered me a $200 credit which I refused because that was not what I was promised and I again asked for a supervisor. Again put on hold then a Vickie who said she was a supervisor got on the line. AGAIN I explained the situation and what I was told by EVERY rep before Alexander that I qualified for these credits.  She then promised me she would call the Best Buy and call me back with in 2 1/2 hours.  She said that she would have to go through some "loopholes" for my credits but she assured me it would be taken care of.  I received a text message from her 2 hours later saying "Hello Michelle this is Vickie from Verizon I will be giving a call in a few I am speaking with Best Buy, Thank you! I apologize for the inconvenience".  I then received another text message from her exactly 1 hour later saying "Hello Mrs.Motley I still have not received any feedback from the store but I hope to have some information by tomorrow the latest. Thank you so much for your patience as I await some information from the store" that was the last I heard from that person! I tried texting the number the next day not sure if she would receive my response. I have not heard from her again!

So I AGAIN called Verizon and spoke with a Teresa who said that she was sending my request to a assistant director and I should receive a credit in 24-48 hours.

I am exhausted at this point! I am disabled and when I have to take medication before I make a phone call to Verizon there is a problem.  This has caused me not only money, gas, time but my health as well. I have never had such a hard time with a company holding up their end of bargain as this one and after reading on this forum I am not the only one! I will be reporting this today to the BBB and the FTC and anyone else I can think of! I spoke with my husband and we are talking about taking T mobile up on their rebate program going on and switching. If I am only 4 months into this contract with this many problems do I really want to give them my money each month?

I have been lied to several times and no one seems to know how to handle the situation. I seem to be the only honest person through this whole transaction and with the amount of my bill each month I need to trust the company I am dealing with.  I have no trust for them at all and no exceptions at this point they are a reputable company.  They scam people and make promises and never do what they say they are doing. And to think that I gave them good survey points in the beginning.  Not anymore. I am disappointed and tired. This has taken me 3 days to write up because it has caused me so much stress and every time I get on Verizon and don't see my credits my blood pressure goes through the roof! This company is killing me! Give me a straight HONEST answer someone.

If there is anyone out there thinking of switching over to Verizon PLEASE read through their forums and read about all the problems with customer service before making that choice.  I wish I had before switching from an unlimited data plan to a 10g's a  month! This was the worst mistake in company choices

I have ever made. I would not recommend Verizon at ALL EVER

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Should have NEVER started Verizon service! They are a SCAM!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some of the promotions offered by Verizon Wireless require the transaction to be completed in a Verizon Wireless corporate store to qualify for the promotion and not a third party retailer like Best Buy. I don't know if these particular promotions had this requirement, but it might be worth verifying from the original materials of the promotion to check the fine print on it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AsIWept

That's what the last rep said, but I was never told that until last week.  That is where a lot of my frustration comes in.  I have been asking about this credit for 3 months now and every rep knew where we bought the phones and not one of them disputed the credit coming to us. If that was the case why would a rep ask me to drive an hour to the Best Buy store I bought it at and get the proof we traded the phones in? Why would another rep tell me to take that proof to a Verizon corporate store? Why was I told by a rep that we qualified for the porting over promotion because we did it before 8-15? See why I am frustrated? I have been told so many things by some many different people I am frustrated and angry.  If we didn't qualify for these credits why would all these other reps say we did and tell me what I needed to do to get them? I sure as heck wouldn't have driven and hour there and back to the Best Buy at the mall during Christmas shopping time and spend 2 hours there if I wasn't told by Verizon that I needed too.  I am disabled and it physically hurts me to go out.  I also have everything from Best Buy that they had at the time of purchase and took that to the Verizon store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is really disheartening to read  . I can tell what an ordeal this has been for you. I want to investigate this for you on my end. I am going to send you a private message in our forums. If you can read & reply to that, we can get started.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

X

0 Likes