Should I make the switch to Sprint? Still with Unlimited Data
Zerostar13
Enthusiast - Level 2

So ever since the Sprint "Cut Your Bill in Half Event", I've been considering the jump. Matching my plan exactly (Unlimited Talk, Text, AND Data), I would be saving $30 month with Sprint. I have an 18% discount for Verizon through my work place, but it feels like I've been paying the same amount since I first got a smartphone way back when. I hardly ever use my phone for calls (maybe 50 minutes a month at most), just mainly texting and streaming music through Play (the reason why I've clinged on to the unlimited data for dear life). Service has been great with Verizon in Boston for me, but $30 is $30. So my question is, what should keep me with Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Should I make the switch to Sprint? Still with Unlimited Data
Tidbits
Legend

If you get better service then it's worth doing it. Don't let the term loyalty keep you around. It's a marketing tool that gets thrown around. And money talks more than loyalty in a free market.

Check around and see what people use and see what they say about Sprint service. If you rarely see anyone with their service it speaks volumes to the area you are in. Here where I live a small number of people have Sprint. They have the worst service here and it got worse when they shut down the IDEN network and retired the Wimax networks here without replacing it with LTE and only now slowly rolling that out 3 years later.

mikeg803
Contributor - Level 1

Just remember that you get what you pay for! Verizon and AT&T have the best quality service by far.  All others don't even come close to comparing (overall).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly see why you're clinging onto your data plan, Zerostar13. And we know how important saving money is, but we certainly don't want to see you sacrifice the reliable coverage you've come to love with us. You may be paying around the same amount since your first smartphone if you haven't made any plan changes. Are you still on a Nationwide plan? Is it just your line on the account? We'd like to see if we can help you save and stay with Verizon.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
gypsystarr

I was a little hesitant to give up my unlimited data plan when I was able to get an upgrade for my phone.  I had my phone for over 3 years and I wanted to get a new one and took the plunge.  I have 4 on our data plan of 4 GB but have hardly reached 2GB usage.  My son and I are always on our smartphones and tablets all day, we play games, check our email, Facebook, etc.  I realized I was worried for nothing, the new plan works well for us.  Check into all your options before switching, Verizon works everywhere I have gone, so make sure you will be happy with your new service.  I hope this helps, Maria 

0 Likes
Zerostar13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, I haven't made any major changes to my plan probably since 2008. Service and coverage were always great. Only within the last year did I add on unlimited text (coming from 1000 texts monthly). I am still on an Individual Nationwide Talk & Text 450 plan. Cutting out my equipment insurance would save me $8 a month, but I honestly can't see anything else on my end that I can cut to reduce my bill without sacrificing the unlimited text & data that I need.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zerostar13

I definitely want to make sure you receive the best value for your VZW service! What's your average data usage like each month? You can always check right here: http://vz.to/1ceGGY2

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes