Shared unlimited messaging means what exactly???
bulldogrsp61

I have my phone through work and we are on a 'Shared Unlimited' plan for messaging etc.

My problem is that our office manager keeps telling me I owe X-amount of dollars for being OVER on my texts.

How can I be over on the number of texts if we have a shared unlimited plan?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Shared unlimited messaging means what exactly???
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

bulldogrsp61 wrote:

How can I be over on the number of texts if we have a shared unlimited plan?

Good question.  If you are on a shared unlimited text plan, how can you go over your text allotment?  Have you asked your office manager?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Good question.

If you are on an unlimited messaging plan, you can't be over on the number of texts UNLESS you make international texts which are NOT included in your unlimited messaging plan.

However, are you SURE you are on an "unlimited" messaging plan or maybe your office manager is not giving you the correct reason for the extra money he/she is requesting. I would definitely ask to see the bill if you are being asked to pay for something which should be included.

bulldogrsp61

When I go to MENU, SETTINGS & TOOLS and select MY VERIZON it brings up the usage of my phone and it displays

USAGE SUMMARY

SHARED MINUTES 1844/UNLMTD

SHARED MESSAGES 1039/UNLMTD

SHARED DATA 1.615GB/30GB

And all of that can't be ONLY me because there's no way in heck that I've talked on the phone for 30 hours in the last 15 days.

Am I missing something?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like a Share Everything Plan to me, i.e., unlimited minutes/texts + a 30 GB data plan.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, I agree it sounds like a Share Everything plan.

However there are certain types of texts which are not included in your unlimited texting plan. These would include international texts as I had previously mentioned. It would also include Premium texts.

You should ask to see the bill as to why you are OVER on your texts. It sounds as if you may have signed up for a Premium texting service. If this is the case, you should probably have your office manager(or account owner) call Verizon and have Premium texting blocked on your line.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

bulldogrsp61 wrote:

Am I missing something?

Yeah, the part about speaking with your office manager and asking for an explanation of charges. I'm sure it's a misunderstanding of the services you have(and are charged for) either by the office manager or you.

0 Likes