ShareEverythin Plan - TOO EXPENSIVE - Rip OFF
Lily13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am extremely disappointed that instead of Verizon coming out with a plan that is family friendly and affordable they come out with the ShareEverything plan that comes out to be much more expensive then the plans they had before. What is the point of sharing data when you can have your own 2 gb data and pay less then sharing a data plan with less data. It is outrageous that they come out with a plan that is actually ripping people off instead of save them money. Sure the unlimited minutes is nice to have but don't need them so way pay more??  

Labels (1)
Re: ShareEverythin Plan - TOO EXPENSIVE - Rip OFF
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

beleive it or not this plan was requested by many people

they said they never use data, and therefore didnt want to pay for 2gb per line and never use ut

0 Likes
Not applicable

mdram4x4 wrote:

they said they never use data, and therefore didnt want to pay for 2gb per line and never use ut

Except Verizon upped the pricing on the data. 2 GB was $30 now 1 GB is $50. Should have keep the old data pricing and you wouldn't have had nearly as many complaints. I think what people that use little data wanted was lower than 2 GB tiers.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

Brian68 wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

Except Verizon upped the pricing on the data. 2 GB was $30 now 1 GB is $50. Should have keep the old data pricing and you wouldn't have had nearly as many complaints. I think what people that use little data wanted was lower than 2 GB tiers.

nope, they requested the ability to share 1 data plan between phones

you can still do a 2gb plan per line

for 3 lines thats $90, or share 10gb for $100

0 Likes
asdfasdfasdf
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's people like me that are going to get HOSED.  I have only one smartphone and 3 dumbphones on my plan.  So I have NO need to SHARE my data.  Should I switch plans, my data plan cost goes from $25 for unlimited (w/copr discount) for the one smartphone, to $60 for 2gb for that one smart phone!

Overall, my bill would climb from $140 per month to over $200 (with LESS data)!!

AZSALUKI
Legend

so simply don't switch. nowhere does it say that these plans are mandatory. i just got a gsiii for my wife (upgrade from basic phone). i chose my current plan and the 2gig individual data plan for $30 for her new phone.

0 Likes
asdfasdfasdf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you saying that if I upgrade one of my 3 dumbphones, I can still stay on my current plan?  And if I upgrade my smartphone, I can also stay on my current plan?  I can live with losing unlimited data.  I never use more than 2gb a month anyway. 

I just don't want to be forced onto the Share Everything Plan

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Existing customers do not have to switch to Share Everything plans; they can keep their existing plans at upgrade time with the exception of unlimited data.  Only new customers have to choose a Share Everything plan.

0 Likes
asdfasdfasdf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!

0 Likes
Not applicable

mdram4x4 wrote:

Brian68 wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

nope, they requested the ability to share 1 data plan between phones

you can still do a 2gb plan per line

for 3 lines thats $90, or share 10gb for $100

>Post edited to remain on topic<

You forget in that share scenario there is a device charge. Under the old plan 700 minutes with unlimited texting for 4 lines was $120. Now 4 smartphones is $160. Drop the per line charge to $30 and I'll switch to Share Everything TODAY.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator