Re: ShareEverythin Plan - TOO EXPENSIVE - Rip OFF
glob
Enthusiast - Level 2

i went to the store this morning and ask about it and it wouldnt help me..so i would b paying more ...so im staying with my plan that i have..

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

If you were a true ex employee, you would know that Cust svc reps ( not in telesales) do not make commissions.

0 Likes
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

It depends what you have, for some peoples its a lot cheaper to switch, for others its more, if you don't like it don't switch (edited content to comply with).  People always prefer to whine instead of just making a logic based decision, why is everyone the exact same person?

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hope i'm not that Exact Same Person me gustaSilly Me.. i see what u did

rexsichic
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never said call center employees. I said sales reps.

0 Likes
iateyourcat

I have to agree.  It would app to me that the wireless monopoly is working well.  In a year where Verizon Wireless posted the most profitable quarter ever, they've decided that they want more.

I don't know about others but I'm switching to another provider, a prepaid provider. 

My data usage is 99.9% wireless but I'm supposed to pay $40 for the phone and another X amount for a feeble amount of bandwidth?

I would anticipate the next step here is for Verizon to start offering their own media services which compete with Netflix/Hulu/etc and don't 'apply' to the GB limits set on these plans.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

This is what is going to happen...

When VoLTE happens there will be no text, and no minutes.  It will be purely buckets of data.  You pick how much data you want and you pay the fee.  These plans are a transition to those plans.  I saw this happening when smartphones started to become popular.

0 Likes
Not applicable

iateyourcat wrote:

My data usage is 99.9% wireless but I'm supposed to pay $40 for the phone and another X amount for a feeble amount of bandwidth?

The "data" fee also includes you're unlmited minutes and texting. Unlimited texting on a family plan under old pricing is $30 a month. So really if you look at it if you have the 6 GB data on Share Everything for $80 really it's $50 a most if you take in account that the unlimited texting is worth $30. And that's not even taking minutes into account.

The $40 device charge is just that. That charge doesn't give you any minutes or texting. It just allows you device to be used on Verizon network. Now I admit that charge is a bit high. Especially when it used to be $10 for all except the main line. Heck if Verizon would lower it to $35 per phone we'd probably switch. Which I assume is what Verizon wants us to do. You want me to switch to Share Everything Verizon? You're going to need to sweeten the pot.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Tidbits wrote:

This is what is going to happen...

When VoLTE happens there will be no text, and no minutes.  It will be purely buckets of data.  You pick how much data you want and you pay the fee.  These plans are a transition to those plans.  I saw this happening when smartphones started to become popular.

Aren't we basically there now since the minutes and texting are unlimited anyway? And although they don't use a lot of data once Verizon starts making everything all data won't that increase the amount of data being counted? So Verizon will need to up these caps. And assuming Verizon ups the bitrate on phone calls once they go VoLTE then calls will use a lot of data.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They will more than likely do that when they longer have to maintain 3 different networks.

0 Likes