Share name ID showing only state
KREZ56

My family has three iPhones. One of the first things I did several years ago was to change the share name ID to our names for each phone. This continues to work for two of the phones, but my husband's phone only displays the state when he calls our landline. I checked, and it is still set to display his name. The only difference in the settings is that my daughter and I use the default names, and he has the optional customized name for his nickname. So I changed the selection to the default name. It has been over 24 hours, and caller ID still doesn't display his name. Help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Share name ID showing only state
stevenm_vzw
Verizon Employee

The Share Name ID comes in handy, especially when calling landline numbers so let’s make sure you can take full advantage of it KREZ56. There are a few requirements for the Share Name ID to show up on other devices. For instance they need to be compatible with Caller Name ID, has Caller Name ID service turned on, and hasn’t saved your number as a contact. If all those requirements are met, we’d recommend reaching out to your landline provider and report the issue. Here are some additional details for the Share Name ID service that can help. http://vz.to/2eKQk89

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KREZ56

Verizon is my landline provider. I think there is a problem with my account, given that this used to work and still works with the other phones on the account. However, apparently this is now the only way to contact someone for tech support, other than a long wait on hold. I miss live chat! Is it possible to have someone check out the account and find out why this doesn't work only for my husband's phone?

0 Likes
carment_vzw
Verizon Employee

KREZ56-

I certainly understand your concern as it can be inconvenient not having your Share Name ID working at all times.I would be happy to review this in detail for you. Please respond to my Private Message.

Carment_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KREZ56

Is anything happening with this? I made the calls requested in your last communication, and have yet to receive a response. The only change has been that now, when my husband calls, I see "No caller ID", instead of the phone number. Which is even worse.

0 Likes