Shame on you verizon
A_Lerario
Enthusiast - Level 2

Shame on you Verizon for not ending my temporary plan for use in Mexico then not ending the temporary plan on the date I specified....then you keep me on the phone for an hour and a half asking me questions and indirectly blaming me for the situation...this mistake Verizon made is now costing me 180$ that VERIZON feels I should pay because of their   lousy crediting policy....I guess this is how Verizon shows appreciation for 10 year + customer....  Again... SHAME ON YOU VERIZON!!

This is an outrage....

Labels (1)
Re: Shame on you verizon
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

When you add extra features, VZW does not know your intentions. If you were traveling to Mexico and did not need the extra calling feature you can have it removed. This is also something that you can do yourself online.

A_Lerario
Enthusiast - Level 2

I made verizon aware of my travel dates just like last year when i traveled outside the country.. They ended the temporary service on my requested date last year without problem but not this year..The real slap in the face is the fact that they know when you arrive back in the United States. Then they charge me for 4 months knowing damn well im not outside the country...

Weth
Legend

I Always stop the travel plans manually.  I then certainly watch my bill closely for the next few months.  This was your responsibility.  Verizon does many dubious things, this is not one of them. 

0 Likes
A_Lerario
Enthusiast - Level 2

Weth...I understand what you are saying BUT Verizon asked me for my travel dates and I told them. I didnt add this temporary service with any false expectations that Verizon would be responsible for removing it. I have made this request many times in the last few years without incident. Verizon is at fault and they should own up to it..

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

How is Verizon at fault for this? If you had been extended on your trip and had to stay an extra few days and VZW removed the feature, would they then be responsible for the extra charges because you weren't getting the discounted rate you signed up for? It is not Verizon's responsibility to make sure that your bill is correct. I looked at my bill this month and noticed an extra $8. I got to the bottom of it immediately. It takes but 3 minutes to look at your bill and had you done that, you would have noticed the extra charge before it became an issue. Do you pay your electric bill before looking at it? Or any bill for that matter?

0 Likes
ChiFromPaloAlto
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you not notice the bill for 4 months because maybe you were on AutoPay?  I myself am waiting to hear back from a customer service representative about compensation for days spent without my phone because of ordering mistakes made on Verizon's behalf.
Since you mentioned Verizon's "lousy crediting police", I'm curious to see how my situation will turn out.

ChiFromPaloAlto
Enthusiast - Level 3

*policy

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What mistake that was Verizon's fault could you possible be compensated for?

0 Likes
A_Lerario
Enthusiast - Level 2

What mistake???  Im going to explain again...Verizon by my request added a temporary feature to my plan so i can use my phone in mexico while i was on vacation. i have done this last year and other years as well... When i spoke to a service rep on the phone prior to my vacation they asked me for the date i was leaving and the date i would return. This service is billed at 60$ per month..I was outside the United States from May 7 -21st. When i returned from my vacation Verizon never canceled the added feature and billed me for 4 extra months even after they knew i arrived back in the U.S. on the the 21st of may. The customer rep admitted that they can see when you arrive in a different country and when you get back as well..I have had verizon add this temporary feature to my phone plan in the past and they have removed it accordingly.. i was never told to call back and speak to someone to remove this feature. I have used this feature many time in the past and they canceled it when i arrived back in the United States. This has never been an issue until this year. Verizon had no problem crediting me 60$ out of the extra 240$ i was billed because of their phony billing policy....Cough up the other 180$ you owe me Verizon!