Setting a recorded personal voicemail on a Samsung Alias 2?
YuyuPrincess411

I just got a new Samsung Alias 2 today and I can say that so far I am very happy with it. ^^ My only problem is setting my voicemail.

I've followed the instructions from my manual on how to set it up, which is basically "call *89 and follow the tutorial", but at the end it only gives me three options: select an already recorded voicemail, select one with my name in it, and record a personal voicemail. However, the only thing the third option does is let me record my name and then it puts that into a mainly pre-recorded message. I want to record the WHOLE thing myself, not part of it.

(What I actually wanted to do was record the audio in this video as my voicemail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBYn6hgYCXs

It's an answering machine message by Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock).......I'm a bit of a trekkie, you see. ^^' )

I guess in a nutshell, what I want to know is "Can it be done, and if so, how?" and if it can't be done, I understand... I would just like people to hear something a little less boring than "[insert name here] cannot answer your call, please leave your message after the tone," when I can't answer them myself, you know?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Setting a recorded personal voicemail on a Samsung Alias 2?
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1

It sounds like you are following the steps correctly (with the exception of *86 but *89 was probably a typo).  I went through the steps and found that it will give you the information on what your personal greeting is currently set to.  But you have to press the (*) key to record your personal greeting.  Once I recorded my greeting (I like the standard greeting better) the system gave me the option to rerecord the greeting (*) or press (#) if I was satisfied with the greeting or (1) to replay the greeting. 

Your voice mail box is system, not phone dependent.  So you can change your phone a million times but your voice mail greeting/password, etc. should stay the same.

As far as having a voice or song playing in the background, to my knowledge you wouldn't be able to upload a media file into your voice mail, but you could try to find a ringback tone that might suit your needs. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Lightninrod
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too have an A2 but I was able to record my own personal message.  Don't remember exactly what I did but it worked.

Now, that's not recording a pre-recorded message so I d/k...

0 Likes
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1

It sounds like you are following the steps correctly (with the exception of *86 but *89 was probably a typo).  I went through the steps and found that it will give you the information on what your personal greeting is currently set to.  But you have to press the (*) key to record your personal greeting.  Once I recorded my greeting (I like the standard greeting better) the system gave me the option to rerecord the greeting (*) or press (#) if I was satisfied with the greeting or (1) to replay the greeting. 

Your voice mail box is system, not phone dependent.  So you can change your phone a million times but your voice mail greeting/password, etc. should stay the same.

As far as having a voice or song playing in the background, to my knowledge you wouldn't be able to upload a media file into your voice mail, but you could try to find a ringback tone that might suit your needs. 

0 Likes
YuyuPrincess411

Well actually, I really just planned to play the video and record at the same time so I don't need to know how to upload media files and use them or anything, just how to record a voicemail period... (and yes, *89 was a typo. ^^')

I'll have to try that and see if it works, though. Thank you for your help. =3

0 Likes