Set up pop3 account on LG Dare
fincity

I just got my new dare and I set up my yahoo account, which was very easy no problem.  Now I would like to setup my road runner account.  I tried add account and went to the sync web but I do not find any menu to lead me to the page for pop3 and ports.  Can some please instruct me?

Thanks in advance.

Fincity

Message Edited by fincity on 04-09-2009 01:40 PM
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Set up pop3 account on LG Dare
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure. Are you accessing it though the browser or through the Mobile Email application?

If it is the mobile Email Application then Select Add Account and then Other. This will walk you through setting up a pop3 account.

If you're doing through the brower then I'm not sure. I'll check and see if I can find out though.

0 Likes
Re: Set up pop3 account on LG Dare
fincity

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I found out what the problem was.  Here are the steps.

I was using the dare phone positined as wide screen. horizontal

Mobile email,  choose add another account

The screen for email address and password displays.  There is no scroll at this point. I hit the sign in button.

It was not able to sign in.  Then the scroll bar appears and I was able to scroll so I assumed there was not data to enter.

I happened to try this again and turn the phone in normal position vertical and I notice the addidtional fields to enter the email server info.

Note - for anyone else when using email accounts from CFL.RR.COM verizon automatically enters in the pop and smtp server but it's incorrect,

wrong

pop.cfl.rr.com

correct

pop-server.cfl.rr.com

smtp.server.cfl.rr.com

thanks again for your affort

0 Likes