Service
Lizard81

Lte service has been great with the Lte towers for a couple of years now in the last month or two I went from having full coverage down to almost nothing. Basically from full bars down to one... I've reset everything on my phone however I've discovered that everyone in my immediate home area has been having similar reception issues!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Service
ejschultz21113
Enthusiast - Level 1

Probably because everyone in your neighborhood switched to Unlimited Data and decided to use it to replace their home Internet (which is not what hotspot data was intended for) so now the network is bogged down all the time. Or they all just turned off WIFI on their phone and stay connected to data all the time now on their phones and tablets. A tower can only handle so much traffic at once.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

You're mixing terminology.

Coverage is the space where it's possible to contact a tower and effectively communicate on the network.

Bars and signal strength: 3bars on one phone, may be equivalent to 2bars on another. A more objective measure of signal strength is the dBm measurement your phone will provide to you in Settings | About Phone | Network | Network Type an Strength (if an Android). You can use apps for this like Network Cell Info Lite, or for iPhone, OpenSignal. Your bars or objective number for signal strength doesn't necessarily dictate your effective speeds (upload / download). You could have 1bar and still fair speeds.

Most likely, the reason the number of bars has declined is because Verizon's tower is using a different frequency band for 4G LTE than it was in the past. They may be changing frequencies to prepare for Advanced LTE / 5G, or for some other reason. The frequency your phone and tower communicate over will impact the signal's travel distance, and ability to penetrate structures.

ALVCAM20

I recently switched to unlimited service, now I have dropped calls, bad reception, slow streaming. Didn't have none of these problems before!!! Thinking about going back to my old plan. Is there a separate network for Unlimited users, compared to regular plans?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lizard81,

We're here to make sure that you receive the best coverage available to your area. Allow us to investigate. What's your zip code? What services (calls, text, data, etc...) are affected?

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ALVCAM20,

We want to make sure all our customers enjoy the best network and have the best experience. We understand how important your serivce is to you. Let's get some further details. What is your current zip code? Are others affected in your same area? 

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CAREBEAR368

My zip code is 84105. I believe other people are having the same issue in this area. It doesn't matter if I am outside my house or in my house I get the same issue when I call someone and they can't hear me but I can hear them.

0 Likes
rosannem_vzw
Verizon Employee

You should have reliable service everywhere, and we will make that happen.There are no reported issues in your area. I realize you mentioned that this started recently when you changed your plan. About how long ago was that? Does the issue duplicate if you travel outside a 5-mile radius from your home address?

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lizard81

16943, all services are affected

0 Likes