Service progressively getting poorer
OldManBo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a second home in a remote area where I depend on cell service for all communication and internet.  The signal issue started two years ago and is progressively getting worse.  Two years ago we were getting reliable voice on a Samsung flip phone and 3G data with a MiFi.  One day I happened to be driving past the tower we use and saw a truck parked near the bottom and work was obviously being done on the tower.  When I arrived home 3G service was gone and voice required going outside the house.  Service remained that way until I installed a SureCall booster with external antenna mounted ten feet above the roof.  With the booster I began getting reliable 4G service.  One year ago I upgraded to iPhone 8 and Smart Hub and raised the booster antenna another 35 feet.  4G service was excellent.  But, we did notice that the signal was fluctuating relatively rapidly on the iPhone when it was not using the booster.  About 4 months ago we began to have slow and intermittent 4G service.   I am presently seeing a condition where 4G speed is 3-4 Mbs when first starting to send data and then the speed progressively slows down until at some point I lose internet connection on the Hub.  I can regain connection by disconnecting from the Hub and reconnecting.  When I reconnect the speed is back up and the cycle repeats.  I am dependent on Verizon for both health and business reasons and this loss of service is very disappointing and frustrating.  I am not alone with this issue in this area as neighbors are having similar issues.

0 Likes
Re: Service progressively getting poorer
TheMeatball
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe its time to create a twitter acct, and complain on twitter/their facebook

In situations like this it is sometimes better to go public.

If that doesnt work, scour the internet for verizon E-Mail addresses, and then send EVERYONE an E-Mail...  I had a similar situation with my DSL back in 2007, where Verizon kept saying the issue was on my end...  (Plugging the modem directly into the phone line that is attached to the pole, at the street - same problem... but supposedly if I connect it in my living room that would magically fix it... lol

After E-Mailing everyone I could find, regardless of who are what they did at verizon, the issue was resolved - turned out to be a switch at their office...

In your case, being out in a remote area where life and death hangs in the balance, and deteriorating service, and the fact that you have done a LOT to try to rectify the situation, it may be time, to start pestering people.

Be sure to include your name address, phone number, and account number in your E-Mail.

Msg me your E-Mail and Ill send you my old list.  

carrtomol

I've been on hold with the online chat for 15mins with no response.  I am unable to use my phone, no internet and none of my apps working.  I tried contacting Verizon last week and they claimed nothing was wrong..  I've done the trouble shoot with no results.

0 Likes
OldManBo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.  Considering the huge number of posts with similar issues I wonder just how concerned Verizon is with public image.  I will next make some telephone calls to Verizon and make my complaint by voice.  If that doesn't help Twitter will be an option.  T-Mobnile has assured me that they are extending their service area and should soon have coverage in my area.  If that occurs and Verizon continues with their degraded service it may be time to look at a new provider.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the service you need and deserve is important, and we are here to ensure you are receiving it. Please clarify what issues you are experiencing. AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
OldManBo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the reply.  I think I explained my service issue in reasonably good detail in my post.  In summary: I once had adequate data service with no booster or external antenna required.  Then the signal dropped to where I had no data service, at which time I installed a Surecall booster with external antenna.  With that booster I had excellent data service.  Presently data service is poor to non existent with the booster in operation.  Without the booster voice and text service is intermittently present if outside the house.The address of my location is: 183 Rattlesnake Rock Road, Livermore, Colorado.  The tower location is near Virginia Dale, Colorado.  I am 6.2 miles and 7 degrees South of West from the tower.  If you need more information ask and I will attempt an accurate answer.

Larry Smeins

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. Have there been any changes near your house, or in the general area? When did you last reset your booster?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
OldManBo
Enthusiast - Level 3

No known changes in the area.  The booster is reset every time I arrive at the home and I have reset it often in an attempt to get improved service. 

The tower is located near a road that runs perpendicular to the direction to my house and I suspect the antennas have been redirected to improve service along the travelled road which reduced signal in the direction of the housing development where I am located.

0 Likes