Service outage in Windham NY for 4 Days!
mkenny4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are we, as customers, all so stupid!

I am located roughly 5 miles from the tower at the top of Windham Mountain in New York State. Since last Friday, there has been no service. Period. Numerous calls to customer service have been made, by myself, my wife, friends and businesses in town. Each time someone calls, the customer service person indicates that NO ONE ELSE HAS REPORTED A PROBLEM and then wants to diagnose your mobile device in order to fulfill a service ticket. Keep in mind, there are roughly 20,000 weekend skiers from NYC, NJ and CT. Most tent to be pretty assertive, so to suggest that NO ONE called in is more than misinformation, it is bordering on outright FRAUD. Naturally, promises of escalation go unfulfilled.

While I am generally satisfied with service when it is working, I find Verizon's ability to be forthright when dealing with outages is the worst in the industry. Rather then provide their users with the ability to report outages via WiFi or land line and provide customer service the ability to acknowledge issues or an outage by having access tower statuses, they turn a simple inconvenience into a public relations nightmare.

At this point I am honestly so !@#$%^& damn angry with these folks. Customer service is not to blame directly, but they sure could be more informative and forthright by having access to meaningful data.

Verizon as an organization is to blame. By design, they intentionally compartmentalizes these types of problems to obfuscate their knowledge of the situation from their customers. Funny how the sales people can find a phone ANYWHERE within a minute or two, have it registered and sent FedEx'ed in a matter of minutes, but they cannot figure out whether there is a service outage for 4 days! I guess they really think we are stupid.

Did I hear, StraightTalk calling?

Labels (1)
Re: Service outage in Windham NY for 4 Days!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the need for reliable service mkenny4! The last thing we want to do is lose your business as a valued customer! Are you still having difficulties? What is your zip code? What device are you using? Is this data or voice service? If you find you are experiencing periods of "no service," we would definitely want to file a trouble ticket. We can complete it promptly by phone! We offer many options to report service concerns, via phone, email, chat and social media! We recommend calling by phone, as the most direct and efficient option. Please let us know if you encounter difficulties again.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sagey123
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seems that the cell service is out today but when i called from another town, no one at Verizon knew anything. I would like some answers.  I have no other phone and i do not want to drive around to make phone calla! Can i get some answers? ?

0 Likes
Sagey123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ps i tried the chat online and that was a waste of time.  I was told to drive somewhere i have service. They Refused to report it!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sagey123,

Making sure you have the most reliable connection availalbe is our top priority! What zip code are you experiencing these issues in? Have you had a reliable connection in this area in the past? Model phone?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sagey123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in zip code 12496. Windham NY. I know there is an tower outage in my area, not from your customer service but from people that live in the area! I called and no one on your end admitted to the problem. I still do not have access to a phone and I'm annoyed.  It seems to happen here quite a bit. Your customer service will not acknowledge this nor let me know when this problem will be solved. It doesn't matter what kind of phone i have because the problem is on your end. I would like this issued addressed!!!!

0 Likes
PPPF1

The Verizon service has gone from passable to horrible in the last few week. It is now unusable. Zip Code is 12496. I am 1.5 miles from the tower. What has changed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're very sorry to hear about the service-related issue you have been experiencing, PPPF1. We will be more than happy to go through some steps to make sure that any network-related issues are resolved in the end. We do see that there are no known issues that have been reported at this time. Can you please describe what happens when you make a call, send a text message, and use data without the aid of Wi-Fi? Does this seem to happen everywhere you go in your area? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
Sagey123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been through every step. Its been 5 months!!!!! Let us know what happened and what you are going to do to rectify this. Just admit there is a problem....

0 Likes
jlevolte

0 Likes