Service on the MTSU Campus
TomAngle

Is there a way to improve the service on the MTSU campus? Right now it is horrible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Service on the MTSU Campus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing that zip code Tom. We want to ensure you're able to use your phone where you use it the most. We weren't able to find any network issues for that area. There are several towers surrounding that address in a 1 mile or less radius and all are trending as healthy with no alarms. As such, there may be an obstruction that exists that may be causing interference with our Radio Frequency signal. This can come from construction in the area, building materials, if the university uses any type of booster equipment or transformers that may be causing crosstalk or attenuation with our RF signal. What is the make and model of your phone? Since wifi is working for you for data, it may also do the same for calls if your device has the wifi calling option in the settings.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
michelleh_vzw
Verizon Employee

TomAngle,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with service on your school's campus. I know how important it is to have great coverage, no matter where you are. Can you tell us more about the issues you're experiencing? Are you having trouble with voice or data? Is this happening across the entire campus, or in certain locations? Please provide more details, and we'll work toward finding a solution.

Thank you,

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TomAngle

I work in the Cope Administration Building and most of the time I an in that area. I drop calls, have static, poor data, service goes from Verizon x1 to 3g to LTE a lot during the day. Something the connect will drop all together. I have my phone on the schools WIFI while in the building so I do not notice much there. I did ask 4 of my co-workers and they experience the same issues on campus. Once get a mile of so from the campus, the service gets a lot better.

Tom

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the zip code?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TomAngle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing that zip code Tom. We want to ensure you're able to use your phone where you use it the most. We weren't able to find any network issues for that area. There are several towers surrounding that address in a 1 mile or less radius and all are trending as healthy with no alarms. As such, there may be an obstruction that exists that may be causing interference with our Radio Frequency signal. This can come from construction in the area, building materials, if the university uses any type of booster equipment or transformers that may be causing crosstalk or attenuation with our RF signal. What is the make and model of your phone? Since wifi is working for you for data, it may also do the same for calls if your device has the wifi calling option in the settings.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TomAngle

I it is an iPhone 5s.

I did a speed test on data this morning and I got .82 megs on the download. Data is pretty about around here also.

You all do not support wifi calling on iPhone 5s.

Tom

0 Likes
goodllama

The poor signal reception issue still exists in 2021. The connection is spotty at many places on MTSU campus. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes