Service just went gone!!!
45Frank
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a tower about 1/4" mile behind my house. For ten yrs now our service has always been full bars, they now even have a backup gen so when power goes out we still have service.
Well about a week ago our phones started to just drop out to NO BARS, we received an incoming or outgoing call once every 15 or so tries and only occasionally a text. I have spent hours on the phone with customer service and every time I talk to a new person I have to spend 15 minutes going thru the reboot and update [Removed].

One said it was my phone!

One mentioned a new 4 g service and I have 3g, whatever that meant I had no idea!

One dropped out and we text back and forth for a while then he disappeared!

I have had several OTHER Verizon customers here and ALL have complained about the service just in a few square miles of my house,

I need my phone and pay my bill every month!! And just want an answer as to is this permanent? Is this temporary? Did they lose the lease to the tower.
JUST AN ANSWER!

My phone works perfectly once I get a mile or two from my home.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Service just went gone!!!
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You are on a peer to peer forum here. We cannot give you exactly what you're looking for.

However, I can make a few suggestions. If you have WiFi in your home you can enable WiFi calling on capable devices. This will help you regain connectivity.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

45Frank, we always want to ensure you're getting the best possible service in your area. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. So that I can properly provide the answers you need, can you please supply a zip code and perhaps an address in that area (grocery store or similar where having this experience, we just don't want your home address on this public forum page)? There are times when a lease to a tower is lost, there's been new construction/landscaping or changes in the terrain that impact/interfere with Radio Frequency (RF) signal, that an antenna has been repositioned on a cell site or the RF signal may have been required to have been adjusted (turned down). By taking a closer look into your immediate area, we may be able to see what's going on.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
45Frank
Enthusiast - Level 3

Zip is 28727. The closest commercial building would be the Edneyville, NC Post Office.

Nothing has changed here as far as building or grade or TOPO. I can see the tower from my house and there is no obstructions. It has been better but still getting booted and dropped calls with rarely more than 2-3 bars that fluctuate or just drop to nothing when we always got full load.
I've now talked to at least 6 people very close to me with Verizon who are complaining of the same exact thing, I know some have like me spent hours on the line with CS and we are all being told it's either our phone or to buy an extender. REALLY! One neighbor with a business and 6 phones has just switched to another company(US Cellular) because all our answers are just read off a screen and no effort to even get to the problem.

Something has changed!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

45Frank, we know how important it is to have the service that you rely on and get the world-class support that you deserve. Based on the given circumstances, we would like to work closer with you to get to the bottom of this. Please check your inbox for a private message that we've sent you and respond at your earliest convenience.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes