Service issues
regeach

I've been spending summers in the Higgins lake/Houghton Lake area for twenty year. Phone service is all over the place. I get anywhere from 4g to 3g to 1x. I get dropped calls, can't make calls, can't access sites, etc. As popular as this area is, can't Verizon install a couple more towers in this area or do something to get better service. I'm tired of watching your commercials about how great your service and coverage is when I can't get any.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Service issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The local building jurisdiction might also be restricting the installation of new towers

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
regeach

[removed]. Money can do wonders. If they wanted to put in a tower, it wouldhappen

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message can be edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even with money and approval from the local building jurisdiction and the federal government, it can take years from start of the design to in-service to get a new tower installed.

I know of one county that has cell towers that took one carrier over four years working through the approval process in the county commission alone to get them approved and I am not sure if one of those locations still is an active tower yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our number one goal is to keep you connected. Does this typically happen indoors or outdoors? Also I'm curious have you looked into using a network extender?

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
regeach

I have no problem in my house here. there is a tower a few miles away,

besides I use wifi here. When I leave here and travel around aand to and

from and in between Houghton lake. there is no reception, no bars and

dropped calls are the norm, if I can make a call.

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 10:53 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
joeld_vzw
Verizon Employee

We certainly want you to be able to make phone call and be able to use your service. I'm curious do you know if other Verizon customers in this area are having issues as well? In detail can you describe the area for us? (Lots of trees, big body of water, any construction?)

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
regeach

Recepion is practically nonexistant north and south of hwy 104, betwenn

us-27, and hwy 100, in Roscommon, mi, between Higgins Lake and Houghton

lake. Even along m-55 through houghton lake there are near dead spots. On

these roads you cannot maintain a call without it being dropped at least

once. On hwy 200 north of hwy 104, where I live reception is slightly

better. Our friends we talk to also say they have a difficult time making

calls and accessing data, such as maps, store adds, etc.

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 12:52 PM, joeld_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes