Service in our area has declined
nancypete1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like other posters on this forum my family is all noticing a significant decline in service.  We are in 01982.  We've each had the same phones for a while and there has been no change at our house.   What is going on and when will this be fixed?  We've been loyal Verizon wireless customers for years, BECAUSE of better coverage.  Seems like that is not the case any more. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Service in our area has declined
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information, Nancy!

As Dion previously mentioned, after reviewing coverage in your area, I do see that validated events have been reported at that location.  The service at this location has known coverage obstacles that could be due to various factors including topical geography, real estate limitations, etc.  Verizon Wireless radio frequency engineers and system performance engineers regularly evaluate network coverage and performance to identify required future enhancements.

In the meantime, I would like to recommend use of a Network Extender: http://vz.to/1EtmrOs.  This will greatly improve your indoor 3G coverage.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any service degradation, nancypete1. Thanks for sharing your zip code. That has helped me to get an overview of the network/coverage in your area. While I do see that your 4G LTE service is mostly in the Extended Covearge area (service provided by a Verizon Wireless partner), you should be able to use voice and data services outdoors. Indoor service in the area will be unpredicable in the area. Can you describe the issues? I can see that there's been a decline. What's your experience?

DionM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nancypete1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

All four of us in my family using smart phones have noticed a decreased

ability to access web sites, download data, etc while driving around in our

local area. I don't believe the problem is as pronounced at our home.

Voice coverage is sometimes sporadic as well. What's particularly

frustrating is that we don't receive phone calls and voice messages don't

show up until hours later. This was not a problem in the past.

Nancy Peterson

Hamilton, MA

Cell: 508-284-0883

Email: nancypete1@gmail.com

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information, Nancy!

As Dion previously mentioned, after reviewing coverage in your area, I do see that validated events have been reported at that location.  The service at this location has known coverage obstacles that could be due to various factors including topical geography, real estate limitations, etc.  Verizon Wireless radio frequency engineers and system performance engineers regularly evaluate network coverage and performance to identify required future enhancements.

In the meantime, I would like to recommend use of a Network Extender: http://vz.to/1EtmrOs.  This will greatly improve your indoor 3G coverage.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
nancypete1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Anthony

Does Verizon seriously think that a customer should pay $250 for equipment

to get service that we've always had in the past? In any case home service

is not an issue for us - wifi works for data needs. It's driving around

town that's the problem.

Nancy Peterson

Hamilton, MA

Cell: 508-284-0883

Email: nancypete1@gmail.com

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies nancypete1, If it is while driving around, the extender wouldn't be needed. Coverage is based on availibiltiy,do you find it consistant in a location? Is it during rush hour times? Any details will help.

BobbyN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tommac72
Enthusiast - Level 1

my cell reception has gone down hill since mid July, I live in Waynesville, NC my neighbors that have verizon also report the same problem, my daughter in Wilson NC , 5 hours away has the same problem, same July time experience.

this appears to he associated w. the verizon decision to drop visual voice mail for older phones. I have been a customer for 10 years here, because it was the only service that worked here. NOW its no better than the competition. bad reception, bad text sending w slow service response, limited web access, downloaded software faults to my S4 samsung, require rebooting daily to reset reception, loss of voice to text feature, its a long list.

Verizon tech management should be fired for bad performance. Verizon program management gambled on the is role out predicting no impact to the customer base. WRONG.. you should be fired.  I am told there is not plan to fix visual voice mail for S4 and S3 vintage phones, what about the reduced  tower coverage? any plans on fixing that ?

you are no longer the leading service provider , Now I can shop for the best monthly deal from all the carriers, at least I can have vote w/ my wallet on your poor technology performance, bad management decisions and now being overcharged for bad service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tommac72,

This is never the experience we want our customers to have. Sounds like we need to put an additional pair of eyes on this and make sure we look into your service. We want you to get you the service you deserve. Did you have any weather issues around this time to potentially lead to your service issues?

What type of signal strength do you have? 4G LTE? 3G? 1X? How many bars of signal do you have? Also, are you having issues with inside or outside?

RobinD_VZW

0 Likes
iya2
Enthusiast - Level 1

An indoor extender does not extend to service outdoors, which has declined considerably in my area (no geographic changes, no inclement weather, no new trees, no new building, etc).  This has been going on for a few months and has impacted both incoming, outgoing, and existing calls (outdoors).  Verizon technical support has been no help.  The last person told me to change providers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

iya2, I am here for you to help with the needs for your service from your Network Extender. So we can work on this together, please keep an eye out for a Private Note. 

*Jose

0 Likes