Service declining both wireless quality and human response.
MikeCarl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Connectivity has declined in our area and Verizon's response is to buy a $250 service extender. Corporate response is:

" I received a
  response from our Technical Advisory Group regarding your concerns. A ticket
  was opened, [Removed], stating that there are no cell site issues,
  however, your address is on the edge of a Large 1x/Variable Coverage Area.
  The signal can change over time seasonally. This means it can be based on
  Mobile device traffic, foliage, weather, construction, etc. Also, bars on
  your device are not a true measurement of signal, as one bar can still result
  in good connections.

It is recommended to use Wi-Fi calling, if applicable, or the use of a
  Network Extender. Please advise if you would like for me to order the Network
  Extender for you."

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Service declining both wireless quality and human response.
mama23dogs
Legend

So it is.  I'm with ATT and have similar issues.  Was looking to switch back to Verizon, but the Coverage isn't much better.

Download an App by Root metrics called Coverage Map.  It is customer reported, location based information carrier by carrier.  It will give you an idea whether you need to add an extender or switch to another carrier. 

In my case I would be no better off.

My theory based on noticeable degrading service on ATT and Verizon in my area:   Simply too many customers, not enough service/towers.  I think they provide the minimum all over to get by and concentrate on high density population areas.  the center of out town gets -85 to -98.  But at home I'm getting -110 to -113 which is barely usable. 

If your reception is marginal, a phone with better radios will help.  Nexus 6p or Pixel XL have the best on the market.  Most current Verizon phones work with wifi calling.

0 Likes
Re: Service declining both wireless quality and human response.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I prefer the Sensorly app myself for crowd sourcing coverage maps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes