Service Pricing
crabby1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am VERY upset and concerned with this new pricing plan. Can ANYONE at Verizon explain how or why I can get the home service with unlimited calling for $19.99 a month, but you want us to pay $30 or $40 for the same service on a portable device? I understand it can get txt messages, but they don't cost that much. What about a family that doesn't use a lot of minutes-you are FORCING them to buy a more expensive plan they do not need. Same goes for Data-on an old plan, I could get 2 GB for $30 but now i must pay $60 for the same amount of data. Data costs didn't just go up overnight. I understand I can still get it at that price if I am on an older plan, but I can NEVER upgrade a phone with a subsidy. Not fair. Seems like Verizon would allow us to upgrade and stay with them vs. losing customers to other providers.

Want to create a plan that will result in more HAPPY users?

Sell this as a plan..

Unlimited talk and txt on any phone-$30

Shared data-2 GB=$50, 4 GB=$60, 6 GB=$70, 8 GB=$80

Hot Spot on a phone=$5 per phone

Jetpack/Tablet=$20

Then a family of 4 could have 4 smart phones (unl txt and voice)=4 x 30=120 + $80 (8 GB Data)=$200 a month

Make customers really happy, you can discount entire amount, not data

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Service Pricing
Duogen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Most of your thread is wrong, Your forced in to nothing. You can do share or single plans. From what I read, you have the 2Gb for 30 bucks a month. Then you said you couldnt keep that plan if you upgraded and used the subsidy, which is again wrong. The 2Gb for a single phone is still available.

Again you like others what lower bills, I would like lower electric bills, gas bills, grocery bills too. But it is what it is.

crabby1
Enthusiast - Level 1

And you are wrong. I am on a family share plan-1400 minutes, unlimited txt, 2 smart phones with unlimited data, 1 blackberry curve with social media pack  and 1 basic phone. I tried to add the 2 GB data pack to the Blackberry and it only gave me the option of share everything. Upgrade the basic phone to a smart phone (spare one i have already) and same thing-share everything. Neither offer me the 2 GB option. And this STILL does not answer why the difference in price from home connect/basic/smart phone for SAME voice service (excluding txt). That is my biggest gripe.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

crabby is correct. if you want to upgrade a device on a family plan, you get the shaft. you can do what you mentioned on an individual plan....but not family. i tried to upgrade my wife's line this morning from a basic phone to a smart phone. my only options were to drop her line from the family plan and set it up on an individual plan, or to convert our entire family plan to the share everything plan. i have unlimited data.....she's now not getting a new smartphone....and we totally lost/wasted an upgrade. i should've done it yesterday....but like you, i thought i could keep our family plan and just upgrade her to a smartphone with an individual tiered data plan of 2 gigs.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

crabby is correct. if you want to upgrade a device on a family plan, you get the shaft. you can do what you mentioned on an individual plan....but not family. i tried to upgrade my wife's line this morning from a basic phone to a smart phone. my only options were to drop her line from the family plan and set it up on an individual plan, or to convert our entire family plan to the share everything plan. i have unlimited data.....she's now not getting a new smartphone....and we totally lost/wasted an upgrade. i should've done it yesterday....but like you, i thought i could keep our family plan and just upgrade her to a smartphone with an individual tiered data plan of 2 gigs.

I'd double check that. I have a basic phone line eligible for an upgrade. I'm able to go in and upgrade to a smartphone and choose a 2gb plan. i went all the way to check out then cancelled.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Think the site is just glitchy.  Was playing around last night and selecting a Galaxy SIII and going through the iconic portal still allowed you to select the old Nationwide individual or family plans.  Selecting any phone other than the SIII on the main product page as a new customer only gives you Share Everything.  Think they still have some work to do.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

are both of you on an individual plan already though? if that's the case, then yes, you still should have that option.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

this is what i've got both times i tried:

plan.JPG

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Legacy alltel family plan with 4 lines trying to upgrade a basic phone similar to lewis.  Your above screen shot is the same option I get when going through a preorder as a new customer.  If you select Share Plans, the old nationwide family plans are under there also.  That isn't the case if you select any other phone from the product page so I'm thinking something is goofed with the site.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ahhh....you're correct. i didn't get that far because even after you select the share plan, there is a box checked to "share voice and data." that's where i gave up......but i tried again and got all of the way to where i could select a 2 gb plan. thanks!!!! i can't explain how furious i was yesterday....lol.

0 Likes