Seriously thinking of leaving verizon
Aquariusfrom1950

Over 7-8 years or more I’ve always had trouble getting in touch with support, often staying on hold with that dreadful music for a long time,  however the end results have always been satisfactory.  This time has been completely awful, enough for me to consider leaving.

—wife needed new phone.  Hers was falling apart.  So she researched & tentatively picked one, but wanted to see it & touch it so did not want to order it online.   
—so she made a required appt. for Tues. Left early to attend.  Got to the company & was told they had no record of it.  So she made another one on the spot for the next day.  Same story the next day—no record of an appointment they made.  Sent her to another store where they told her they were too busy & sent her back after telling her the previous office/store didn’t make appts. First come first serve.  Really?!

so she went today.  Treated brusquely by a woman as she came in.  Said I need to tell you three things:  1) there is a $40 upgrade but no mention of a $20 discount if you order online which would have been nice because the next she said becuz of CoVid 2) she couldn’t touch or 3) even see it., but after she did get to see if she could return it, but there would be a $50 restock fee. Then they told her they couldn’t even transfer her data, but she could do it online

Next, later I tried getting in touch with support & went around and around & never got a call back although they lied and said they tried.  garbage, garbage, garbage

0 Likes
Re: Seriously thinking of leaving verizon
Aquariusfrom1950

I wanted to add just a bit more.  Verizon is resting on their laurels and hiding behind CoVid to drastically reduce the quality of their service.  My wife said the sales staff were handling merchandise and exchanging bags without even wearing gloves.  Lying to customers about making appointments and about making call backs.  And not telling a customer who had said up front that why she wanted to upgrade in person was so she could see and feel the phone THAT THAT would not be possible therefore she could save $20 by ordering online.   Time to leave?  What do you think?

0 Likes
Favorable comments & opinion
Aquariusfrom1950

A few days age I wrote about a unsatisfactory experience at the corporate store in Tucson & with phone support

I was wrong and I apologize.  Certainly those events could have gone better, but I over reacted and subsequently Verizon has come through with phone support.

3 people Myron, Cameron & Christina have gone the extra mile and helpfully solved our problems and provided stellar service.  Thank you to all of you and please forgive my impatience and criticism.

0 Likes
morisky
Contributor - Level 1

I am out of contract and just ordered a SIM card from another carrier (hint: the herb they put in Juleps). Long story short I got burned on the "free" phone scam. I am outta here. Going to feel so good the day that new SIM arrives and I pay off the 'free" phone and port to another carrier. Weird thing is that I was going to buy a new phone anyway, but after the lies I looked around and found a much cheaper 5G carrier and now it makes no financial sense to stay. Hope you find a solution that works for you.

0 Likes
Figgy3

I'm looking at the same thing.  Not particularly dissatisfied with Verizon; I'm just paying more than I need to as a shared data plan doesn't work for my wife & I.  I almost went for it and ordered the sim cards but I started looking at some reviews (who knows who wrote them) and it looked like the service can be sub-par.  Also I live in an area that uses Verizon towers.  I don't think that carrier is as compatable here.  However, I don't get any cell tower service in this area anyway, so it's all wifi calling.

0 Likes