Senior Discount
lakegirl2019
Enthusiast - Level 1

Six months ago I was told Verizon would have a senior discount on billing in near future. I can not get through to talk to a representative. Does anyone know if Verizon offers this plan? Senior Discount?

IRe: Senior Discount
DayRider

I understand they have a over 55+ plan, yet now im hearing that it is at a reduced speed. Does anyone else understand differently?

0 Likes
Re: IRe: Senior Discount
kgren1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I regret changing already from the old grandfathered unlimited to the 55+. I am now getting 0.32 download speed and 2.39 upload speed. They said it would only slow down when the network was loaded. Professional liars.

Tags (1)
Re: Senior Discount
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lakegirl2019,

I know how important it is to save everything you're supposed to. That's always a priority and I'm glad to help find the best options. At this time we offer many employer discounts and we offer military, veteran, and first responder discounts. There isn't a senior discount currently but we're glad to help find a plan that will fit your needs and save you everything you can. What plan do you have now? How many lines do you currently have? How much data do you normally use per month?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The best option for seniors is buy your phones outright and use prepaid service.  It’s always cheaper.  Prepaid has nice deal on a 15 gig plan (8 with 7 gig bonus)

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@DayRider wrote:

I understand they have a over 55+ plan, yet now im hearing that it is at a reduced speed. Does anyone else understand differently?

You are incorrect.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@kgren1 wrote:

I regret changing already from the old grandfathered unlimited to the 55+. I am now getting 0.32 download speed and 2.39 upload speed. They said it would only slow down when the network was loaded. Professional liars.

Obviously you tower is congested.

0 Likes
Re: ISenior Discount
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DayRider, keeping you connected at speeds that work for your type of usage is important, so we are here to assist. There is a Go Unlimited 55+ plan available to customers in qualifying locations as shown on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/55plus/. Customers on the Go Unlimited plan may experience slower data speeds throughout the billing cycle during times of congestion on the towers. The Go Unlimited plan is better for those that mostly browse the web, use email and stream non-HD videos. Mobile Hotspot is provided at speeds of up to 600 Kbps. Please let us know if this answers your questions.

DavidC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brobtex
Enthusiast - Level 2

I asked about the over 55 plan and as a result my plan was changed to over 55plan. The monthly fee will be more than my old plan, There is nothing that helps out the senior community in this plan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@DayRider, I also would want to know what I am signing up for when changing plans, so it would be my pleasure to go over any of the plan details. With three unlimited plans, we provide the flexibility of choosing the most fitting unlimited plan for each user. The 55+ plan functions the same as our Go Unlimited plan and is catered for those who are light to moderate data users. Let's review if this is the best plan for you. How are you looking to use your data on this new phone? Do you live in a heavily populated area? What plan are you currently on? You can check yourself using the steps here: http://spr.ly/6609En7qW

You can also check out the link below for the full FAQs: http://spr.ly/6600En7qo

0 Likes