Sell iPhone 5 and Buy Galaxy S3?
joeeey

Hi guys,

I was eligible for an upgrade this past month so I ordered the iPhone 5 through apple and obviously they're backordered for another month. I'm now thinking I rather get the Samsung Galaxy S3. My question is if I sell the iPhone 5 on ebay when I get it, and buy the galaxy s3 on ebay, how will this effect my upgrade status? Since I ordered the iPhone 5 through Verizon upgrade, will they see this as breaking the contract that I'm not activating it? Or it really doesn't matter? Any help will be great, thanks so much!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sell iPhone 5 and Buy Galaxy S3?
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

If you do not return the iPhone you must activate it(and lose your upgrade) or you will be charged full price for it. You may be able to cancel your order and get your upgrade back eventually. If you activate the iPhone, you can then turn around and deactivate it and are free to sell to whomever you want. No penalty from Verizon. Not sure if there is a 3rd party contract with Apple.

0 Likes
joeeey

What if when I recieve the phone, I just sell it on ebay and then buy a galaxy s3 on ebay (for full price) and activate the galaxy instead of the iphone?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You will be charged full price for the iPhone if you fail to activate it after a certain time on your line.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

why don't you just exchange the iphone for a galaxy s iii through verizon? or return it to apple for a refund and buy the s iii at verizon. however you need to do it, it can be done. you are allowed to return/exchange devices within 14 days of purchase.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi joeeey! Those are some great phones you're contemplating. You also got some good suggestions  about just returning http://bit.ly/IeiJI or exchanging the iPhone 5 as soon as you receive it instead of going through a 3rd party sales option, or even cancelling the iPhone 5 order. But to put your mind at ease, when you ordered the iPhone 5 you had to accept the Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) for the device to be ordered & shipped. Since you already accepted the T&Cs, you no longer have to activate it within 30 days of receiving it to avoid the full retail cost. Previously, the T&Cs weren't accepted until the device was being activated, which was why the phone needed to be activated to your line before it could go anywhere else. So you can do whatever you'd like with the phone when you receive it.

I would, however, suggest to take out the pre-installed Nano SIM from the phone if you plan to sell it though. That way when the new user gets it, it won't be activated to your phone number.

Also, you can visit http://bit.ly/nD0WuY to purchase an S3 at the full retail directly from Verizon Wireless. That way you'll have a warranty and the option to add insurance. Phones purchased through 3rd party sales options don't usually come with a warranty, and Verizon Wireless wouldn't be able to add Asurion Insurance or a warranty to a phone not purchased through us or the manufacturer directly.

Whatever phone you decide to keep, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes