Security Deposit Return
rohesther

Hi,

I opened my account around a year and a half ago (around September 2013) and I was originally informed that I would get my deposit back after a year.

However, I still have not received a check and when I asked customer service through online chat, they just answered that a check had been issued.

Is there no way to check if the check has been cashed or not and if it hasn't does Verizon re-issue a check??

I am sure that I have been paying on time (since I use auto-pay) and the deposit was $500 which is NOT a small amount.

Anybody gone through a similar situation?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Security Deposit Return
Not applicable

you say you are sure you've paid on time but you have checked to make sure that is the case? Just because you auto pay doesn't mean you don't look at the bill. The check would have been sent to the address listed when you first signed up.

0 Likes
rohesther

Yes, I always receive a text message indicating that I have paid on time and just in case something went wrong I checked the billing section of My Verizon before I even asked customer service.

I know that the check should be issued to the address I signed up with but the problem is I haven't received it.

I was just wondering if it is possible to get a re-issue (if it is the case that it got lost in the mail) or if it has already been cashed out (which should not be the case).

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon should have on file if it was cashed. You'll have to call customer service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Allow me to clear any confusion about your security deposit rohesther! I have sent you a direct message, please reply to my message and I will be able to access your account and provide an update on your deposit.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
andersonfmly
Enthusiast - Level 2

From personal experience, Verizon Wireless refund checks are easily mistaken for junk mail. A few years ago I set aside what I thought was junk mail, while waiting weeks on end for my deposit refund to arrive. It turns out I had the check all that time, in an envelope that would never have tipped me off that it was a check, or that it was even from Verizon Wireless. I hope you didn't run into the same thing and inadvertantly throw it away.

0 Likes