Highlighted

Re: Scam: voicemail - account suspended

Community Manager
Community Manager

cf289, getting unwanted scam calls can be a headache, especially if they have been happening for the last three weeks. Who is calling you? What are they calling about? Have you attempted to block them?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes

dumaverizon

what happened if you fell for it and actually hit the button they asked for?  Does this mean that they got you hooked?

0 Likes

oparrillo

I and my mother recieved a call. She recieved hers 10/30. I recieved mine 10/31

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello dumaverizon! Protecting your account information it's vital, and we would love to help. To clarify further, we would never call and request your information. What we need to do now to protect your account will be to change your account PIN and password. You can reset your PIN here: www.vzw.com/pin and your password here: https://login.verizonwireless.com/vzauth/UI/Login?realm=vzw&module=VZWLdap&goto=https%3A%2F%2Fmyvpos...  

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes

chenevlk

I received one call yesterday (voicemail) - didn't answer.  Received another one today, answered but said nothing.  I was told to press 1 to reactivate or 2 to speak to representative.  I hung up.  Just reporting so Verizon and others know.

(I can't block my own voicemail so that's out - will just ignore in future).

11-1-19

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are happy to assist with this situation. Have you received multiple calls?  StanleyC_VZW

0 Likes

NandyDrewWho

Just got this call as well, 11-14-19; 2pm. I pressed "2" to speak to a customer rep so I could yell at them for being spammers and scammers. The number immediately disconnected. Good idea for them; I would have ripped them a new bung-hole.

Tags (1)
0 Likes

MandiRose28

I have been receiving the same Voicemail calls a few times a week for the past 3 weeks. Is there anything we can/should do to make it stop? Can Verizon do anything?

0 Likes

Bluiyes

I just had the same recorded call today at 2:08 pm but it came from a phone number 888-922-2004.  I answered it and I got a recording that said my account was suspended pending verification and to press 1 to reactivate. A man immediately answered and I asked why my account is suspended. He replied that it wasn't closed yet, but that he needed to verify information and he then read off my phone number to me. I proceeded to tell him that I do not trust calls from people that I do not recognize and that I would not provide him with any information about my account. He then hung up. I am going to report it to the Nation Do Not Call Registry as well. 

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

It is a growing concern we all share when it comes to unwanted spam calls coming to our phone that we do not want, and I realize how troubling this problem is to you, NandyDrewWho. I appreciate you lifting up these details and let me assist you with your concerns. First, you did the right thing by not giving out your account PIN as we never recommend doing such unless it is a confirmed request from you that you contacted us for assistance. Have you tried to block similar spam calls? What you are experiencing is Spam / Caller ID Spoofing, and this happens on all carriers. Here's a link that goes over this matter in detail, and please review the entire page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218765/ . Also, at the bottom of the link are many options you can use to block spam calls and select the one that best helps you. Can you try of one these options?

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes