Highlighted

Scam: voicemail - account suspended

Pixiekins

I just received a call and the caller ID showed the incoming call as "Voicemail".  I answered it and I got a recording that said my account was suspended and to press 1 to reactivate. Then it asked for my account pin at which point I hung up.  How are they able to have voicemail show up on the caller ID?

Tags (3)

Re: Scam: voicemail - account suspended

tikibar1
Sr. Leader
0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

The lengths the criminals will go to is astounding. They purchase very expensive illegal equipment to fool people using fake caller ID names. I am so glad you didn't fall for it. Verizon will never call and ask you for your password. Here's more information on what is called "spoofing. "https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/company-name-id-faqs/#item9

inaN_VZW

TinaN_VZW
0 Likes

N8tDog

I just got this phishing scam as well today.

mtcrewsers

Scam Voicemail Call Scam

I alos got this call with a recording,    under medical family stress right now and did not realize.. it was from "voicemail" I have gotten pre recorded calls from Vzw before.

1 month ago my card # was hacked from a gas station, so new card was gotten and thought I had forgotten to update my VZW accoungt to pay.

Well I messed up the pooch and gave my card # number up not realizing till I asked for the total billed, they hung up on me. They also asked me if I recieved text msg from them, I did. But the texts (3) were asking about reseting the password and alll the Https went to a verizon web page.. What the heck?? 

I did not use this link from my phone but thru my computer. 

SOOO now call bank, get new card, change PW, inform VZW, etc... 

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

@mtcrewsers I'm sorry to hear that you fell victim to a scam. We never want you to experience these types of problems. It's definitely a good idea to change your My Verizon password, PIN, and other information to protect your account. You can find the steps for changing your My Verizon password by clicking the following link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-17384/ You can also change your PIN by clicki...VZW.com/PIN

JesusG_VZW

0 Likes

MontyBelle

I also received the sa,e thing today.

0 Likes

Dianemm

This just happened to me as well and I hung up.  i have never had Verizon robocall me and if late, they call during hours and also leave a message.   In as much it was after 9pm when I received this fraud call.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We never want you to receive these type of calls! How many do you receive daily? What type of phone do you have? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes

cf289

I have recieved this call once a week for the last 3 weeks.

0 Likes