Scam Another Robo-call claiming to be VZW
mrpastewart

Be careful people Phone calls have been going out from a scammer claiming that if you log onto www.my45verizon.com you can get a 45.00 credit on your bill, THIS IS A SCAM A ATTEMPT TO GAIN ACCESS TO YOUR VZW INFORMATION.................... BEWARE ... numbers showing in Caller ID 800-922-0204 be wary of anyone asking for your VZW information online and in emails VZW will never ask you for information like this as they ALREADY HAVE IT...... So if VZW wanted to give you a credit, gift, discount or anything like that they would more then likely do so in the REAL VZW CUSTOMER PORTAL........

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Scam Another Robo-call claiming to be VZW
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, there are several threads about this on the forum.  The numbers that they call from, the web site address they refer to, and the dollar amount of the 'credit' offered seem to change daily.

rescue4

I just received the phone call about this discount,and it showed up as technical support with the number shown as above.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

rescue4 wrote:

I just received the phone call about this discount,and it showed up as technical support with the number shown as above.

They have been known to use that number for a while. It is definitely spoofed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TheMrs_
Enthusiast - Level 1

We've been getting them, also...numbers seem to change on a regular basis.  So, now that we know it's a scam, how do we make it stop?! Smiley Sad

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

"We" are not going to stop it, and as long as people fall for it, scammers will continue to try it.  All "we" can do is not respond, not get scammed ourselves, and warn others. 

It's not just Verizon that's targeted, either.  Go to http://www.onlinethreatalerts.com/  and search for any of the cell carriers - or just about any company.  Scammers keep at it because it works often enough to make it worth their while to continue. 

0 Likes