Samsung Stratosphere Wifi
mtd123

Okay so Ive had my Stratosphere for like a month or probably less and my wifi has been working fine up until now. i havent done anything different, or press any new settings or anything like that. Now when im at my home it wont connect to my wifi. it keeps telling me that the connection was unsuccessful and its like really **bleep** me off cause im going broke to pay for this stupid phone that really has more problems then its worth. please help me im completely clueless with these [Please keep it clean - Thanks!] smartphones

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Stratosphere Wifi
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello mtd123,

Wifi is an excellent way to compliment your current data package, especially for downloading and/or updating large files and apps. May I ask who is your wifi service provider? Are you having connectivity issues with other devices other than your Stratosphere, like a laptop or a tablet computer? Also, what security type are you using on the router that's transmitting the signal? If you can be so kind as to provide answers to these questions then I can provide some steps to get the device and the wifi network connected.

Thank you...

0 Likes
GWH75
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Stratosphere will not connect to my home wifi. Keeps scanning for  IP address and saying connection unsuccessful.  Running under WEP.  MAC filtering not enabled.  Other wifi devices (Kindle) connect immediately without any problems.

final4illini
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a similar problem.  I can use facebook for mobile and a lot of apps work fine on my Stratosphere that require a connection via my wifi.  My problem is when I want to use the browser.  The Google homepage always states that can't load the page.  It has worked 3 times out of 30.  My wifi status on the phone says it is a good connection so what's up?  I have no problems with the browser on my data 3G/4G network, just on my home wifi.  Any ideas?  Do I or can I even change a setting on the browser app?

Thanks!

laurieb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem and getting really frustrated.  I have only had my phone 10 days.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
express360

I hope someone comes up with a solution to the above problem. My phone connects to the WIFI but I cannot brouse. The email works from WIFI and the brouser works fine in 3G mode. Tomorrow I will talk to Samsung tech and hope for some help. I love the phone and all it's features. "But", I need to be able to use the WIFI. Any more suggestion out there? I have had the phone for 4 weeks.

0 Likes
express360

Problem solved!!

I just solved my problem with brousing problems when on WIFI.

Phone is the Samsung Stratosphere and with the  2.3.1 android system.

The solution is to reset to the phone to it's original factory settings. I called Samsung tech help at 888-987-4357 and the technician took me through the process step by step. I recommend doing this as you will be very happy. Now I can brouse with the WIFI or the 3G network.

0 Likes
final4illini
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Samsung and told them your success so they had me do the factory rest.  Did not work.  My wife's phone bought at the same time and is the same Stratosphere has always worked on wifi with the browser. Samsung Tech told me to either send it in or exchange where I bought it from.  I exchanged and new phone, does not browse on wifi either.  Tech thought maybe it could be the sim card so I switched sim cards with my wife's phone.  Her phone still worked and mine still did not.  So, I know it's not the sim card.  It's just the phone.  I am going back to exchange again.  I will keep you posted!

0 Likes
express360

final4illini wrote:

I called Samsung and told them your success so they had me do the factory rest.  Did not work.  My wife's phone bought at the same time and is the same Stratosphere has always worked on wifi with the browser. Samsung Tech told me to either send it in or exchange where I bought it from.  I exchanged and new phone, does not browse on wifi either.  Tech thought maybe it could be the sim card so I switched sim cards with my wife's phone.  Her phone still worked and mine still did not.  So, I know it's not the sim card.  It's just the phone.  I am going back to exchange again.  I will keep you posted!

I am so sorry that you still have the problem. Did the technician have you remove both the SIM card and the SD cards before resetting the phone? If not, you can try again as it is the next best thing to do. Did you back up your contacts, etc to the SD card?  Hope you find the solution.

0 Likes
final4illini
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good news, I exchanged the phone again and we made sure the browser worked at the store's wifi.  It worked there and it has worked at my home network too.  Go figure, my wife gets a good one and I get two bad phones before I found a good, working Stratosphere. 

0 Likes