Samsung Network Extender
dettam

Same story you've probably heard 100 times.  Worked fine for a few months, today, I come in and the System light is slowly blinking red and all other lights are blue.  I've tried power cycling it a couple of times to the same result.  Tried to call Verizon but of course without my extender, I don't have service.  Any bright ideas?  If it doesn't start working tonight, I'm hauling it into the store tomorrow. 

It's strange that I need a network extender since verizon's maps show that I should have service....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Network Extender
NATRAPS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought an Extender today after dealing with extremely weak cell signal in my condo since I moved in just about 6 years ago.  I was told they've seen a lot of people from my condo complex come in to buy the same thing.  I have had it connected for about 5 hours now.  All lights are solid blue except System which is a SLOW flashing red.  I text most and am tired of duplicate messages being sent and receiving 2 week old messages so I broke down and bought this.  I hope the system light turns blue soon.  So far I am noticing no change in text messages.... about 20 seconds to send a simple message.

0 Likes
rizon216
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just talked to Verizon, they said that several Network Extenders are out after an upgrade that went out this afternoon (Pacific Time).  It stopped working for me around 3PM Eastern Time and has been out since.

They gave me a trouble ticket number but had no ETA on when it would be back.  They did say their network team was aware of the problem and has been working on since this afternoon.

ErnestS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the update.  I was wondering what was going on when I got home today!  Just called as well and they advised me of the same thing.  Still no ETA.

0 Likes
NATRAPS
Enthusiast - Level 1

My device just reset (lights cycling like a boot-up).  Hoping this is a good sign.

0 Likes
dettam

Yeah, thanks for the update.  Guess I'll hold off going to the store. 

Thanks again.

0 Likes
NATRAPS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm all set!  My NE is online and I have full 3G connectivity.  Kind of a rough way to be introduced to the unit.  I'm hoping these types of outages are infrequent!

0 Likes
rizon216
Enthusiast - Level 2

As is mine, came back up about half an hour ago.

In my experience these things usually happen once every 5-6 months.

0 Likes
ErnestS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup, mine is up and running again as well!  Thanks for the updates, everyone.  It's nice to have a community of people to share knowledge and experience.

0 Likes