Samsung LTE Network Extender 2 - No one I've contacted in support can help me activate
VEPR-12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I'm leaving a post, as no one from Verizon has been able to help me. I recently moved to a new apartment where the signal strength of the Verizon LTE network is very low to nonexistent. It's a potentially dangerous issue. I have FIOS internet and my own non-Verizon router. I purchased a Samsung Network Extender 2 (SLS-BU10B), which I didn't buy from Verizon. The network extender is connected via ethernet to my router.

I have been phone call ping ponged back and forth from Verizon Wireless tech support to Verizon Fios tech support and no one can help me activate the device, or frankly recognize what it is. The most recent tech instructed me to, " Call Samsung, it's their device. You need to activate it with them." I asked, "I have to call them to activate it on your network?" He said , "Yes" and couldn't provide a phone number. It's been a very frustrating experience. I have a MSN number and the MAC ID from the bottom of the device, but this hasn't been helpful in working with Verizon. Has anyone had a similar experience and can offer some advice?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung LTE Network Extender 2 - No one I've contacted in support can help me activate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a quality signal in your new home is very important, VEPR-12, and having a network extender can be very useful. I am sorry to hear of your negative experience, but I am happy to assist. With your network extender connected to your home router and connected to the power source, what is the LCD display screen showing? GregL_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Samsung LTE Network Extender 2 - No one I've contacted in support can help me activate
VEPR-12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Greg,

The extender runs through start  up until it gets to step 8e of 14 and then hangs for a long time before erroring out to "Device Not Activated Contact Verizon Support." Thanks for any help you can provide!

0 Likes
VEPR-12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I assume based on the error that I need to contact Verizon, but no support technician seems aware of these devices.

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Having a quality signal in your new home is very important, VEPR-12, and having a network extender can be very useful. I am sorry to hear of your negative experience, but I am happy to assist. With your network extender connected to your home router and connected to the power source, what is the LCD display screen showing? GregL_VZW

0 Likes
momofarp

If you attach via the web interface, click Settings, Network, what do you see? Is your home firewall perhaps blocking the ports needed to communicate to VZ?

0 Likes
VEPR-12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Momo, 

I logged in via the web interface and I see:

Home Page

Operational Status: Not in service

IP Address: Yes

MAC Address: Yes

Software Version: 3.1.5.01

About: Status and Alarms: 

Current Operational Status: Attempting to reach initial network

Server Connectivity:

DNS: Reachable  Port 53

IPSec: Reachable Port 4500

Location Assistance: Reachable Port 80

Verizon 1.jpg

Performance:

Displays some data transfer

Verizon 2.jpg

Thanks for taking a look!

0 Likes
momofarp

Hmm, well you are getting server connectivity (it says that the target ports are reachable ) so I am a bit stumped as well. You may have mentioned this in your original posting, have you factory reset the unit?

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Can you not use wi-fi calling?

0 Likes