Sale of Edge Plan Phone
AWSilverman

Can I sell my edge plan phone before its paid off if I continue to make the payments?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sale of Edge Plan Phone
Weth
Legend

Yes, but I would be a nervous buyer.  If you stop paying, Verizon will blacklist the phone and it will be worthless.

Your our bill will also go up if you are on More Everything plan. 

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AWSilverman,

You've come to the right place for answers my friend. Just so I understand, are you asking if you can sell the phone you have on a Device Payment Plan (formerly Edge) and have someone activate it on another account? May I ask the reason you are looking to sell the phone? I sure hope you are not thinking of leaving us.

Please keep in mind that with the Device Payment Plan you also receive a monthly line access discount on the line that has the Device Payment plan. But you will lose the discount if the phone is not activated on the line.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, but I would be a nervous buyer.  If you stop paying, Verizon will blacklist the phone and it will be worthless.

Your our bill will also go up if you are on More Everything plan. 

AWSilverman

Yes, the idea would be to sell the phone that's on a Device Payment plan but to replace it on that line with a different phone.  The current phone would be sold to someone else for use on a different Verizon plan. 

1.  Will the phone work on someone else's account if I continue to pay every month?

2.  Will my monthly bill go up if I activate a different phone in its place?

Thank you.

0 Likes
AWSilverman

Please see me follow-up, John.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can sell yes, it will work for the buyer yes, however, you have to pay off that phone before getting a new device agreement on the same line.

JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

AWSilverman,

I apologize for the confusion. I wanted to reach out to clarify and correct my previous response regarding the monthly line access discount. After further research, I found that if you are on the More Everything plan and you have an active Device Payment Plan (formerly Edge) you will continue to receive the monthly line access discount as long as the Device Plan Payment is active. You will continue to receive the discount until the Device Payment Plan is paid off. You do not need to have the device from the Device Payment Plan active on the line to receive the discount. As long as you have a Smartphone activated on the line you will continue to receive the discount. Again, I apologize for the confusion

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes