I am still having this issue. Verizon - you stated you were working on this over a month ago. Do you have a solution or is this being ignored?
I can understand why you feel this way, I had that prompt as well. Though you may not want to update, you will need to select the option to update it. Once you do, you can select Basic VM and it will be provisioned. If you do not want Basic VM (at no cost), go to Settings and from Application Manager, disable it.
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport
1. Sign in to your My Verizon online account. On left side of page in Blue letters find the drop down menu. Click to open menu then go to change features and locate Basic Visual Voice mail
2. Go down the list of included features and under Additional Features is a Red Add or Remove botton. Locate the button Basic Visual Voice Mail and click Remove.
3. Below that you will see options for your Voice mail service and then choose the required Basic Voice Mail to use and click add.
5. When you're done making changes click next at the bottom of the screen and then ok.
6. Go into your device and set up your required Basic voice mail program. You may continue to receive error “new voice mail message for a period of time”.