Re: STOP Voice Mail Update Notifcation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GalaxyClass,

Thanks for the details! I know receiving unwanted pop-ups can be annoying.

Make sure that your device has a working VZW Data connection and ensure that Wi-Fi is turned off.

Force Stop/Clear Data on the Voicemail application, power off the device, power the device back on, and then re-test..

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Thanks Pamela, but still having the same nag problem no change. Myself and many others are waiting but not forever, keep at it. I'll be waiting for your reply. thanks again for the try.

0 Likes
jenniferlynn-329
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turned off WiFi, made sure I had data still (as evidenced by me writing to you now).  I force stopped the "Voice Mail" app, and cleared data.  I rebooted and the vm notifications started again with 30seconds.  So I went through steps again, rebooted, and it started with notifications again.  (Sure, I'll leave it off now, but as soon as I reboot later, it's going to start up again.)

Verizon, please submit tech ticket on this issue, as there are obviously many people affected and it's not just a mere setting.

Thanks

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

jenniferlynn-329
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, it turns itself back on, too. (Even without reboot). Grrr

0 Likes
plshelp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, PamelaF_VZW, for a response!  I followed your instructions and as soon as the phone powered up, I had the notification.  Still no love here.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh man! We still love you and thank you for trying the steps. I can imagine this is frustrating, but we will figure it out together.
Since the steps provided have not resolved this issue, we have the software application team to see if we can find the root issue of the pop up.
We thank you all for your input & appreciate the cooperation. 

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Why was this idea not put into place early on. After a period of 2 or 3 days and many customers and type of phones being impacted. Verizon should have seen they had a Network/System-wide problem. Does VZW look the other way in hopes the problem can be solved on the discussion or will go away. This is not good customer service! For what we the customers are paying Verizon, this is an insult to us.

xerofate
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing is happening to me, I can't get rid of the notification on my S5.  It even beeps from time to time when it pops up again and makes me think I have a text message.  This is beyond annoying, please fix this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

xerofate, I can see how this notification can cause become an annoyance. In order to stop the notification, please review your My Verizon features for your line. There are multiple options under Voice Mail. Please ensure you have the "Basic Visual Voice Mail" which is free. Switching from "Basic Voice mail" to "Basic Visual Voice Mail" will help stop that notification. http://vz.to/1lfFarh

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Myself and many others in the discussions have done this and more with zero results to rid our phones of this Visual Voice Mail problem. This should be job tagged for Verizon as a major software/update issue. This has going on for far to long. For some of us this is week three or more of more battery drain, headaches and a problem not being address at the correct level. Verizon is never there when the problems hits, always for the sale but absent for service.