STOP Voice Mail Update Notifcation
plshelp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Galaxy S5 and just updated to kitkat 4.4.  I am now receiving a notification just about every 30 minutes telling me "Your voice mail service has been updated. Tap here to set up your service."  I have no desire to set up this service and I REALLY would like the notification to STOP.  Can someone please tell me how to stop this notification.  

I  have been through all settings and I see where I can stop voice mail notifications (which I do not want to do).

I have also gone to my account settings online and have blocked visual voice mail.  Still getting notifications.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: STOP Voice Mail Update Notifcation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

plshelp,

I am so sorry you are receiving these ongoing notifications. Lets put an end to this. Have you tried to disable the visual voicemail application through the phone? Go to All Applications>Settings>Applications>Application Manager>All>Visual VoiceMail>Disable

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

How did you get to the account setting to block visual voice mail? I log in and could not find a setting to block it, what is it listed under?. I also keep receiving the notification about every 30 minutes and I also do want this feature or nag notification. A Verizon store tech told me it would need to be removed from a folder that stores it, but he did not know which one.

0 Likes
plshelp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Under Manage Family Safeguards and Controls, Block and unblock Services, Purchases.

I noticed you can either block visual voice mail OR block premium visual voice mail, but not both.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

plshelp,

I am so sorry you are receiving these ongoing notifications. Lets put an end to this. Have you tried to disable the visual voicemail application through the phone? Go to All Applications>Settings>Applications>Application Manager>All>Visual VoiceMail>Disable

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jenniferlynn-329
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5, and am having the same problem described above (for the past week).  I just tried the steps that LindseyT_VZW posted above on the morning of 10/1, but when I go under the app mgr's "all" list and scroll all the way down, there's no choice for "Visual Voicemail".  It jumps from Video Player, to Video trimmer, then to VMware Ready, and Voice Mail.  Is this culprit app named something else now?

p.s. In case it matters, I was getting this for a couple days, too:
/thread/837281
Samsung Galaxy S5 Visual Voicemail Error

(I did not have the need to follow any steps in this, after it eventually passed this error, on its own.)

To be clear, I presently do not wish to use the visual voicemail at all.  Not basic.  Not premium. 

0 Likes
toddbass10

I have the exact same issue. 

Settings>Applications>Application Manager>All>Visual VoiceMail>Disable

There is no Visual VoiceMail.  Just Voice Mail.  And there isn't a disable.  There is a Turn Off but that button can't be selected.  You also can't uncheck the Show notifications box as well.

I called Verizon and it is clear they don't know how to fix this issue as they gave me the same thing that is written in here.  @VZWSupport

0 Likes
plshelp
Enthusiast - Level 3

LindseyT_VZW - There is no "Visual Voice Mail" under Application manager>ALL.  I would love for it to have been that easy.

0 Likes
Justneedanswers
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the same boat and after the 4.4.4. software update the user can not turn this off.  I've had to disable all notifications and I've missed texts from my family.  Can a ROM of the pervious kernel be provided, or can a Verizon store with administrative permissions deactivate the Visual voicemail function?  Thinking of contacting the FTC and FCC at this point.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I made a wasted trip to Verizon for them to shut this problem down, they went to apps and could not find Visual Voice Mail listed. I don't think they know how to deal with this.

0 Likes
plshelp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am guessing that Verizon doesn't have a solution as I have not received anything further from my last response of "there is no Visual Voicemail" to disable/turn off in the App menu?

0 Likes