SLOW DATA
SUZHWA57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

My data has slowed down a lot since I switched to the Unlimited plan a couple months ago. I don't know if it's the switch that made it slow, or if Verizon slowed down altogether because of the Unlimited plan, but regardless, it is super slow. I've been reading all the complaints about Verizon's data and was wondering if it is going to be taken care of anytime soon. I don't want to go through the hassle of switching carriers, but if the speed is not going to be fixed I guess I have to. It's just too slow. Please advise if there are plans to fix the issue and when. Thanks!

Labels (1)
Re: SLOW DATA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to have fast speed, SUZHWA57. Let's look into this and figured this out. Do you know which unlimited plan you are on? What's the zip code? Also, are other VZW users having the same issue?

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUZHWA57
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the gounlimited plan, zip code 91801.

All 4 lines in my family plan are slow. It seems not only my family but most people using Verizon are having the same issue.

I've been with Verizon for like 7-8 years and data has never been so slow.

Please help correct the problem ASAP.

Thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the slow data speed issues you're having and appreciate you being with us for 7 to 8 years, Suzhwas57. Let me help you with your slow data speeds. The Go unlimited plan has data speeds up to 600 kbps during times of congestion throughout your billing cycle. It is not like the faster speeds you would get with the Beyond Unlimited Plan. Here's a link for the details about the Beyond Unlimited Plan http://vz.to/2w8KZBL . Please refer to #1 about this plan and #3 on how to get the faster data plan. You could switch over to the plan to help with your data and backdate it to the beginning of your current billing cycle to have access to 4G/LTE speeds. How does that sound? Do you have access to Wi-Fi? If so, you may want to use it to help with your data speeds if you desire to remain on your current data plan.  

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DONP1225
Enthusiast - Level 2

After 20 years i have had it with the decaying quality. I rarely need to use data when away feom home. But when i do it just never works. Repeated tests yield less than 0.2 mbps. Pitiful. I am in NJ always had great service but last few years it has gotten so bad. Im starting to look elsewhere. Cant stand paying hundreds each month for something that doesnt work. And im sure verizon doesnt care. I tried all the settings on my iphone 8 reset this tweak that enable this and that. It still just sucks. The stress of it will kill me.

MIKHOF52
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. Upgraded two phone to iPhone 10. $2,000 and then went with unlimited plan. Data at best is 1.3 mbps and 15 mbps up with 4 bars LTE. I have been on the phone twice with Verizon. No help. I was at BB game today. Had two parents both with iPhones but on metered plans that had great data. We are all on Verizon. This is a huge scam. I will be contacting my Congressman John Thune. This practice is poorly reflecting on apple as well. I will be returning my phones and switching to T Mobole.

TURKRAMATOO

Sounds like a good my contract up in a month

0 Likes
Bla14

Same here. Zip code 29349. Data is consistently slowing down and is getting worse for everyone. Someone please fix this. Very inconsistent. Verizon, please notify your engineers

0 Likes
Bla14

Zip code 29349 is getting worse everyday for everyone. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR ENGINEERS

0 Likes
Peteshea
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is fraudulent and shameful. "Up to 600kbps" for "unlimited 4G LTE data" is ridiculous. First, no one would tell me then, or now, how much "throttling" to expect when I signed up for this. Second, what I see very often though is speeds that well under 100kbs. Literally will not even load a simple, mobile optimized web site without timing out. I have screenshots showing 0.01 Mbps on speedtest even with 4 bars of 4G LTE, and that doesn't count the times that speedtest would not even connect without timing out. This is not simply throttling data; it is effectively turning it off. 10 kbps is less than a tenth of the old 1x data speed. And these are frequently in places with no big events or anything else that should be limiting data. "Pay us more money to not turn your data off" is not really a valid answer. I was a fairly happy customer for years, but this is seriously making me reconsider. I, and my entire family of 4, are extremely unhappy with Verizon now.