SIM card question
hasquestions

I bought an used iPhone. I went to the Verizon store & bought a SIM card (it was not a corporate store; I don't live close to a corporate store). She told me to put the SIM card into the phone & activate the phone through My Verizon. I entered the Device ID and the device shows correctly. I entered the SIM card # & was given the message that the card isn't compatible with the device. I called Verizon & they are overnighting me a new card (free of charge, thank you!). Is that message just because I was given a card that can't be used with that phone or could there be another reason the SIM card wouldn't work since the phone isn't new?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SIM card question
wildcat2
Contributor - Level 1

Perhaps it was not a card that fit into the phone or something?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You don't say what kind of iPhone.

The iPhone 5, 5S, 5C all use 4G LTE SIM cards. The iPhone 4S does not use the 4G LTE SIM card.

0 Likes
hasquestions

I do apologize, it's an iPhone 5c and I was given a 4G lte card in the store this morning. The phone recognizes the card as being there but when I go through my Verizon I get the message that the card is not compatible with the device.

0 Likes
hasquestions

The phone actually recognizes the card as being in the phone. So the card fits and works with the phone. It's just I get the error message when trying to activate the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello hasquestions,

Our ultimate goal is to ensure that you are able to enjoy your wireless service with us. May I ask is your current iPhone 5c activated now? If so then that's great. If not then please advise if you are still experiencing inactivation issues. If you are curious as to why the sim card didn't work from the non-corporate store then the issue may be with the sim card compatibility. If there were any damage on the sim card then that could be the reason. As you share the details then we can help.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hasquestions

Its not working yet but I do not have the replacement SIM yet. I should have that tomorrow. I just wondered if there was an issue with the phone causing it not to be compatible. It sounds like its just a faulty SIM.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

hasquestions wrote:

I do apologize, it's an iPhone 5c and I was given a 4G lte card in the store this morning. The phone recognizes the card as being there but when I go through my Verizon I get the message that the card is not compatible with the device.

Is the iPhone 5c the correct model number compatible with the Verizon Wireless network?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wildcat2
Contributor - Level 1

I think the ATT and Verizon models are the same model number this year, so it would come down to if the device was purchased from Verizon. Otherwise the GSM variant won't work.

0 Likes