SF BAY AREA OUTAGE
Tomocafe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon cell service has been down intermittently for two days now in the San Francisco Bay Area.

It's on the local news:

Verizon network issue affecting customers across Bay Area | abc7news.com

Verizon service outage leaves thousands of Bay Area customers without wireless coverage - Story | KT...

And all over Twitter (these are a selection out of hundreds)...

Greg Bailey on Twitter: "Cell out twice in 12 hrs. Verizon doesn't acknowledge the outage. *611 fail...

Nancyoreally on Twitter: "@verizon #verizonoutage Wow. Day two and phone does not call out. So not a...

Kuldip Oberoi on Twitter: "@verizon outage in the SF bay area right now. Some calls go through, othe...

Daigorn on Twitter: "@VZWSupport Can you confirm an outage in the SF Bay area? I am unable to make v...

lisa on Twitter: "Is #Verizon down in San Francisco? I can't make a cell phone call right now."

Alejandra Campos on Twitter: "Is anyone else's phone acting up or is it just mine? I've heard it's V...

Gail Levin on Twitter: "I suddenly cannot make a call from cell phone in my own apartment. What's go...

mlegac on Twitter: "@vzwsupport Is there a voice outage in San Francisco? Have tested with multiple ...

Ann Douglass on Twitter: "@VZWSupport cell service out in zip code 93463 - please advise time for re...

Marc Krejci on Twitter: "@VZWSupport neither my wife or I are able to make/receive calls on our iPho...

Yet when I called customer support last night and this morning, nobody seemed to know about any problems in my area. I asked the tech support representative to check for alerts in my ZIP code as well as in the cities of San Jose and San Francisco; he said he saw nothing recently.

Can someone who actually knows about this issue please advise on the time we can expect reliable service? People who are trying to call me may or may not get through depending on the intermittent cell service -- so I'm telling them to reach me using landline or email until this issue is resolved. Problem is, I can't get anyone at Verizon to acknowledge there's an issue, let alone ask them to inform me when service is restored so I can tell people they can call my cell phone again....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SF BAY AREA OUTAGE
emmam_vzw
Verizon Employee

Tomocafe, keeping our customers connected on our network is always our top priority.  We apologize for any inconvenience you may have endured.  Verizon techs have resolved network performance issues that affected parts of California earlier this week.  Thank you for your patience during that time.

EmmaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You will have to call in on that one. This is a peer to peer forum of customers. We can't tell you a thing.

0 Likes
Tomocafe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with Amber from Verizon customer support via Chat to discuss compensation, but she said the issue was still not resolved and that I should check MyVerizon for a notification when the issue is finally claimed to be resolved by Verizon.

Where can I get the true answer from the company? It seems the support team doesn't agree with itself here. emmam_vzw

Chat transcript removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have stellar service, Tomocafe. We take pride in our network to make sure that our customers are connected. Occasionally, there are maintenance issues; such as new business,housing developments, ect; that need to be addressed in order to keep our infrastructure top notch. Are you still having issues making or receiving calls?

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes