SCREWED IF YOU HAVE UNLIMITED
frankbones

I really can't believe what Verizon is trying to do! I have had unlimited data for about 12 or so years and now they are raising the bill for everyone that has unlimited data by $20.  This is understandable in a way, but to sound good, they turn around and say "Now you can upgrade."  The problem is, you can upgrade through the device payment program but you will not receive any discounts like when you are on the More Everything plan.

So just to clarify, I can keep my unlimited data which will cost me $20 more, and I would like to get a newer phone since I have the S6 I would like to get the Note 5 and that will cost me an additional $30 per month and thats just for the base 32GB.  I have now raised my bill $50, (from $150 to $200).  I have NEVER BEEN SCREWED OVER LIKE THIS BEFORE!!!!! 

I have been a customer forever and I didnt ask for anything for free, I even said that I am willing to raise my bill $25 because 50 is insane!!!!!

If I am going to be FORCED to buy a phone retail, I shouldnt have to worry about paying an additional $20 per month to keep my unlimited data. And no one wants to even help a customer out, not even a monthly credit or maybe, hey this customer has been with us forever and always pays his bill so lets not raise it just cause he has unlimited data.  NOTHING!!!!! I am shocked and offended!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SCREWED IF YOU HAVE UNLIMITED
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Not raising prices for 12 years is a pretty good deal, especially since the cost of other things like paying employees has gone up quite a bit since then.

I don't have first hand knowledge of the unlimited data plans, so when you say you won't get a discount like on the More Everything plan I'm assuming you mean off the line access fee?

Most everyone is having to buy a phone at full retail, which shouldn't be any different than what you have been doing in order to keep unlimited data is it?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How many unlimited lines are you getting for $170? I'm curious to know if instead of getting a ridiculously good deal on your phones and unlimited data, if now you're just getting a good deal.

I'll be in the same boat as you as far as buying used or full priced phones and I have 8GB for 2 smartphones and a connected device for $115. I feel like I'm in the good deal boat, but mine compared to yours might make it seem like a sinking boat.

0 Likes
frankbones

wow that is one hell of a reply. First off, for someone who has been loyal that long and pays their bills, the price should have not increased. You mention things like paying employees, thats a joke cause verizon is a massive monopoly that has more than enough funds. I have seen the houses and met the people that run verizon and believe me the money doesnt hurt them.  Even customer service makes more money than employees at the stores do. and yes to advertise that you can upgrade while keeping your unlimited data is somewhat a fraud because even though you can upgrade, your bill is automatically increasing $20 just for having unlimited, then when you do upgrade you have to add the device payment to that. so instead of paying 700 to get a note 5, im paying 700 plus 20 per month for my data. so in one year for data alone, im paying an extra 240.  If i just bought my phone and they didnt increase the plan, i wouldnt have to do that. and since im not on the more everything plan i do not get the line access fee discount. again im not asking for anything free, but how about some kind of loyalty credit for being a customer so long

0 Likes
frankbones

i am currently paying 150 for one line with unlimited data. this was before price increase

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I guess I fail to see why you are owed. You paid your bills and in return Verizon gave you service. Not only that they gave you 12 years of service for the same price, despite not being in contract and having the power to raise it whenever they wanted.

You're still paying the same as everyone else for their phones. The increase in your data cost is just that. Even without buying a new phone you're still paying more now than you did 12 years ago. However how you buy your phone hasn't changed if you want to keep your unlimited data plan.

I think the price increase is to make people really look and see what they are using and what they need and get them on a different plan. If you use gobs of data, don't have internet at home, then it probably makes sense to spend $20 more, especially when customers on say the More Everything plan pay $15 for every 0.01mb - 1GB they go over.

To me $150 is high for unlimited data, but then again I haven't gone over 8GB ever. My phone and internet bill combine is around $180 and while my internet isn't unlimited, 300GB is plenty.

0 Likes
frankbones

i respect your opinion, i have been out of contrct for about 4 years, and even though they havent raised the rates til now, paying 200 per month with a new phone doesnt make sense to me. as a company they should take care of their loyal customers and i use upwards of 20+ GB per month. Again, even if i just went and bought the phone full retail, the 240 per month is unnecessary and they are only doing it to get everyone off of unlimited data. This is what i was told by customer service. i worked for verizon and had to take tests to become a samsung advocate, so the phone i have has to be returned, which puts me in a tough spot because i have to make a move and either pay up ( which is unfair to me) or move on from verizon

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

They do have loyalty plans, however I'm not sure if you can just jump right into one. My More Everything plan is a loyalty plan, but it's just what I've had for I don't know how long.

On the new plans you could be paying $120+tax for 18GB of data, you'd  have to cut back on your data, but seems worth it to save $30 a month. Which puts you in the same boat, paying $15 for every extra GB.

That $30 saved is your device payment.

0 Likes
frankbones

A loyalty discount and for me to do an 18gb plan when i just said i use 20+ doesnt make sense....i would then be charged 15 per gb i went over. I cant tell if you dont understand what im saying or just trying to prove a point that is pointless. to me its principle. they could have allowed everyone to upgrade and not up the price of long time unlimited data customers. Like i said i have worked for verizon and from my experience, their customer service needs to be worked on and they have to be proactive instead of reactive to what other carriers are doing. Look out for the customers first.

0 Likes
Yummyyumm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think the utility companies owe me money.  I have been a loyal customer for 40 years and they have been increasing the cost that I have been paying for gas, electric and water.  Maybe I should just cancel the services.