Rules on selling my upgraded iPhone 5S and sticking with my iPhone 5?
craftymom22

I just upgraded to an iPhone 5S and considering there are minimal differences between the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5 that I am not too concerned about, I was thinking of selling the 5S online and sticking with the iPhone 5. My question: when I get my iPhone 5S, do I have to activate it on my account with my number to accept the terms of the new contract AND THEN switch the device back to the iPhone 5 allowing the 5S to be de-activated and ready for someone else to activate it on their Verizon account? I want to make sure there are no strict rules with this like the phone HAS to be activate on my account for a certain period of time before being de-activated.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rules on selling my upgraded iPhone 5S and sticking with my iPhone 5?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Craftymom22,

It sounds like you have a plan set and your just waiting for the icing on the cake.

The one concern that I do have is that when ordering the device. The device is typically ordered under your mobile number. Therefore when going through the activation instructions the device will attempt to default activate under your line.

In this situation, it is best to have the MEID and SIM card available for the future user so that it does not try to activate to your account when the next user gets the phone.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes