Rude and misleading information from the "vendor center".
TruRob
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am amazed that Verizon Wireless thinks so little of me, as to let THIS contractor answer questions on their behalf.  I have had a very poor success rate when calling Verizon on the weekends.  Now when I call, first and foremost, my question is, "Are you a Verizon Employee or a contractor/vendor"?  If they say, "contractor", I say, thank you... I will call back.

I have been told equipment is compatable with my plan... it wasn't. 

I have been hung up on for asking if I was speaking to a Verizon employee.

I have been lied to about whether or not they were a Verizon employee. 

I just spoke to an agent who said Verizon is closed on the weekends and the Vendor Center answers all calls on the weekend.  I told him, that can't be, I just spoke to a Representative who identified herself as a Verizon Wireless employee and not a vendor or a contractor.  He asked for her name and when I told him, he said, "she works here at the vendor center". 

So, now, I am at a loss... I can no longer trust that I am talking to an actual Verizon Wireless Employee (which to me is "night and day" different). 

I do not, normally, post my thoughts online but today I was so fustrated that I thought, I need to do this.  And hopefully, if enough of us "need to do this", things can get back to normal...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rude and misleading information from the "vendor center".
spaceduckie
Contributor - Level 1

who ever said that vzw is closed and that vendors take the calls on weekends does not know what they are talking about. verizon AND vendor call centers take calls 7 days a week. that being said, vendor and direct call centers receive the same training, and have access to the same information. i worked in a vendor call center for vzw for 3 years, and i have been told just as much incorrect information by a direct verizon employee that has not used his/her resources to give a correct answer, as i have a vendor center. there is no difference.

I can honestly say there is NO difference between getting a direct vs vendor center. as for hanging up, we do not hang up on customers, we wouldn't if we wanted to, the call is recorded and we would just get ourselves in trouble(direct or vendor, same thing).

I have seen direct centers sell a person a phone saying it will do something it can't, or that a feature wont change, but it does. i have seen vendors do the same thing.

what you are saying here, would be the same as being in the hospital and having two nurses work with you. one works for the hospital, and the other works for an agency, but has been serving that same hospital for 5 years. and when you find out, you refuse to work with the agency nurse. she knows just as much as the hospital employee does, follows the same rules, and went to the same schools...

TruRob
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow... did I get blasted for speaking of my experiences.  This is exactly the negative and aggressive nature of the "vendor center" employees that I have encountered.  All I did was speak of my experiences and you basically called me a liar.  I was hung up on and I was given misinformation.  Let me put it simpler.... I, ,me, myselft, have had rude customer service just about every time I have spoken to a person who works at a "vendor center".  The issues in question, have all been solved by calling back and speaking directly to a Verizon employee.  So, maybe I have been lucky or unlucky... however you want to look at it but.... I am not a liar!

Message was edited by: TruRob I forgot to mention.  I never said all the "vendor center" employees were bad, I just don't want to "play the odds" any more.  In fact, the person who told me that the vendor center answers on the weekends (incorrect as it may be) and that Verizon is closed actually called me back to tell me that.  He said, "I don't want you to have to keep calling back".  And he advised that I should call back on Monday.  That was awesome!  And I told him that.

0 Likes
spaceduckie
Contributor - Level 1

I'm jot trying to call you a liar and for all I know you may have been hung

up on.

What I am simply trying to say, is that vendors and direct are pretty much

equal. As with any situation, your experiences well of course very

depending on the call. You may very well have ended up with a rep was just

a prick , but we are not all like that.

0 Likes