Rotten Customer Service
angus7

I believe our relationship with Verizon began in 1998 (give or take a year)  Our recent experiences have been deplorable.  A while back I bought a Blackberry at a store in Hauppauge with the Verizon Logo out front.  Imagine my surprise when my blackberry prematurely conked out (for good) and found out the service contract I had been sold was "bogus" and so was the store - this is a well documented story in Newsday - Verizon intervened and closed these stores that had sold the bogus contracts.  When the Blackberry broke I went to the Smith Haven Store and I purchased a Samsung Galaxy 3 s - paying well over $200.00 and an $ 8.00 a month service contract. I have been having problems with the phone charging so I bought a new phone charger - a month later I was till only experiencing sporadic charging with the new charger.  so yesterday I brought my cell phone into the Smith Haven Corporate Store  and "Eric" said the charger was operating sporadically, gave me a new one, and then worked on the built- in input on the phone.  When I got home it no longer worked at all.  in I went to the Smith Have Store today - I have personal extenuating circumstances and need a operational cell phone 24/7.   I was told they would ship a replacement - (not a new phone mind you, but a "like new phone"  but it would not happen until the end of the business day)
. HOWEVER - I could "upgrade" for an additional $99.00 and a two year extension on my service contract.  I dealt with "shiraz", then
  smirking manager, "Jonathan"   - then while still in store, the Customer Service Line and spoke with David and finally Management support team supervisor "Dawn" -  in Little Rock Arkansas. No one cared about my problem and no one solved my problem.  In fact Jonathan advised Dawn, I had been offered a replacement phone yesterday.  Absolutely NOT TRUE  - and my husband and I advised both of them of that fact.  However each told me if I upgraded (for $99.00) and signed a two year contract extension, they would be able to solve my problem right away. Extortion!  Today I am without use of a phone - By the end of the week after I do due diligence in research on alternate providers - YOU will be without me as a previously loyal customer.  Sickened by the whole experience.   Someone  - PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS.

Thank You,

Jamie F.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rotten Customer Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear about the problems encountered with your phone, angus7. We appreciate your loyalty and I will do all I can to address and resolve your concerns. When a warranty replacement is sent out it is actually supplied by the manufacturer and is not new. The certified like new replacement is expected to perform as well as the current device you currently have. It is true that you could extend your contract and get a new device for $99.00 if you have an upgrade available. This option would cost you more money since a replacement device is supplied for free. I hope this addresses your concerns.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

Chancouch

Why do you keep emailing me other people's responses?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Chancouch - You are receiving e-mail notifications of posts based on your preferences for the forum.  You can change them by going to the top of the page and using the drop-down next to your user name to select Preferences.  Change your e-mail preferences to your liking, then press Save at the bottom of the page.