Ripoff - outrageous data usage charges and suspicious lack of alerts
bulldogmama

I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years and had a shared data plan with 1 GB limit which we rarely exceeded.

This past month I accepted the upgrade to 2 GB only because it costs the same as the previous 1 GB plan.

To my surprise, this month's bill shows that I used 8 GB this past month (with a related $90 charge) and also says something about Unbilled data from prior months (with an additional related $15 charge)

When I called Verizon I spoke to two people and they said that the data usage shows up on their end and it appears excessive on two specific dates. There is no further explanation.

Although I have the system set up to send me both emails and texts when I get close or go over my limit, I received NO alerts.

This is very, very suspicious both because of the unexplainable usage and the lack of alerts. I requested a credit for the overage fee and they offered only a partial credit. This is NOT acceptable!

This is TERRIBLE customer service - especially with a long time customer and with an obvious inconsistency in the customer's usage.

I am reading online that is happening to others and I believe I should receive a full refund.

I have reported this to the FCC but we need to do more.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ripoff - outrageous data usage charges and suspicious lack of alerts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
bulldogmama, this 10 year relationship is important to us and we want to ensure that all of your data usage concerns are addressed. Did you have a chance to view your data usage sessions online at My Verizon? http://vz.to/1nvKlnG  Additionally, it's also helpful to add the Family Base feature which allows you to assign data allowances to your lines to prevent data overage. http://vz.to/1dJRZEC  LasinaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Ripoff - outrageous data usage charges and suspicious lack of alerts
mama23dogs
Legend

Hello fellow dog momma!

1.  Has there been any other changes?  New phones?  Upgrade to existing phones?

2.   How many phones?

3.    Each phone tracks it's data use on the phone.  Have you checked each phone for the date range, to see which phone is causing the overage?

4.   ALso, under "data use"  is the list of apps and the data used by each in decending order.   Which app/apps is using a lot of data.

Verizon doesn't control your phone.  If a phone says it used 6 GBS of data, then it did.  However, If the phone says 500 MB and Verizon says 6 GBS, then there is a problem with reporting, you can prove usage and can get credit.   Don't count on it, I suspect a faulty phone.

0 Likes