Ringtones from Micro SD Card?
barebel

I hae a LG enV3 and a 4gb sd card. Is there any way to use one of my mp3 songs as a ringtone?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ringtones from Micro SD Card?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ringtones need to be 30 seconds or less in length. You can use an editor on your computer (Audacity is a free download, google it) to edit just the clip you want, then send it to your-10-digit-number@vzwpix.com  When the text message comes in, and the clip starts to play, right soft key OPTIONS and select SAVE AS RINGTONE.

An alternate way is to use phonezoo or myxer (again, google is your friend!) to edit the clip and have the tones sent to your phone.  I've used both services very successfully.

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
No offense to you, OP, but dang Suzy, you should probably create a permanent topic with this info, considering how many times you've posted this! :smileyvery-happy:
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

:::Macros:::  Love 'em.  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
varebel

Isn't there a charge to dp this from them such as 9.99/month?

Also, how do you " have the tones sent to your phone"

I can take any sound from anything and convert to a mp3, but how do you have the tones sent to your phone?

Thanks

varebel

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2

If you create a tone, usually it would be transferred to your phone by using an SD card or USB cable.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

varebel wrote:

Isn't there a charge to dp this from them such as 9.99/month?  Phonezoo and myxer are both free - I have used both for several months (a year or more for phonezoo) and have never seen a charge.  Some of the ringtones do cost, but that is made clear before you  get it....there are tons of free ones, or you can make your own.

Also, how do you " have the tones sent to your phone"  You register your phone with the service - give them your phone number and carrier and phone model.  When you log in, it knows who to send the text message to.  I was a bit leery of putting in my phone number - I've been a victim of the Premium SMS services, but these two are OK.  Read the fine print.....

I can take any sound from anything and convert to a mp3, but how do you have the tones sent to your phone?  You can use the services as mentioned above, or you can send them from your computer using your email account.  Just send the (30 sec. or less) clip to your10-digitphonenumber@vzwpix.com  If you are really skeptical about sending your phone number to phonezoo or another service, then this would be the way to go - create the clip and send it to yourself.

Thanks

varebel

0 Likes
Brownz

I usually use an online editor or Audacity to make my ringtones. Just avoid sites that require your phone number (if you don't want to be woken up 5 times a night by spam sms).

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Brownz wrote:

I usually use an online editor or Audacity to make my ringtones. Just avoid sites that require your phone number (if you don't want to be woken up 5 times a night by spam sms).

Both phonezoo and myxer give you the option of entering your phone number to have the edited ringtones sent directly to your phone.  I have done this and have NEVER gotten any kind of spam or other texts from either service - all I have received is the ringtones I asked for.

Both sites also allow you to download the ringtones to your computer, and then you can send them to your phone yourself; I just find it simpler to have them sent directly to my phone.

Other ringtone sties may not be as courteous - I recommend the two I do because my experience has been excellent.  If I ever run into a problem, I will not be recommending them any longer....but so far, so good.

0 Likes